Home

First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

This is a discussion on First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #89
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

No chance all these get in, but, if i had the power to pick what would be, heres my list...

1. New commentary - i think everyone can agree on this to some degree. If not new guys then freshen up the dynamic of how its done.

2. More stat tracking - i play a lot of OOTP and then come to The Show and think, wheres my WAR, wheres my FIP, wheres my BABIP etc, baseball lives and breathes stats, its crying out for more in this game.

3. Graphical overhaul - it looks good yes, but it doesnt to me look next gen, time for the The Show to really land on PS4

4. Beefed up franchise mode - its the guts of the game, go to town on it.

Roll on the weekend and first glimpse.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #90
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

This game needs a MAJOR over haul in commentary and presentation.....if they can somehow duplicate 2k's TVs commentary and presentation this game would be great.....I love the series bc other aspects like gameplay has been far better in Sony's series...this series has to be better going forward into 2015 on next gen..2014 was a great start but other than graphics and stadium design it seemed too much like an updated ps3 version than a next gen game on ps4 so please Sony make a better game on ps4 this new baseball season other wise if 2k can prove to be better since they have had a full year and a half now to put out a solid game I may jump ship bc really after awhile the show can become boring only bc the commentary and presentation gets boring and repetitive.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Player models, proper time of day progression, authentic broadcast camera, fans catching balls, corrected spin ball physics, and this and that... there are tons of things this game can improve on, but there are things I'm just waiting on from this series first and foremost.

Sounds like it would be easier for you to just improve your last name.
I remember some old WWE video games that offered this solution - and it was a great one. You pick two sets (first, last, nickname) of names. The first was for displaying, the second was for speaking.

The first set would visually appear wherever needed. Each alphanumberic character was individually associated with different fonts and stuff, so it displayed wherever it needed to. You could type anything you wanted, because this name was never vocally referenced.

The second set of names was used only by announcers and commentators. It came from a predefined set of names, each of which already had voice clips and stuff associated with it.

This would do wonders in The Show. It doesn't matter whether your last name is Wright, Wryte, or Right. All 3 have the same pronunciation. With this system, you'd be able to spell your name out correctly on jerseys and stuff, and still be able to retain the color commentary and announcer intros associated with the name "Wright".

Last edited by Bobhead; 12-02-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #92
Rookie

RobbieMacc's Arena

OVR: 1

Me personally, I think this will be a HUGE leap from '14. I hate to even mention The Show in the same sentence as Madden but just take a look at the jump the visuals made from year one to year two on next gen. Now, I'm not saying that I strictly expect the visuals to be improved but with how well the devs listen to feedback (most of the time) and how active they are on these forums I anticipate a lot of our input will/has been heard and they are doing everything they can to give us what we want. The bar has been set pretty high in my eyes, but to be fair....I'm buying the game no matter what they do or do not add.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #93
Rookie

PattyIce's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a great thread! A lot of great ideas/asks. I would welcome most of them. I do have to say though that if this game never evolved from where it is now they would still get my $70 every year. best game play out there IMO.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love a true 20 to 80 rating system!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I remember some old WWE video games that offered this solution - and it was a great one. You pick two sets (first, last, nickname) of names. The first was for displaying, the second was for speaking.

The first set would visually appear wherever needed. Each alphanumberic character was individually associated with different fonts and stuff, so it displayed wherever it needed to. You could type anything you wanted, because this name was never vocally referenced.

The second set of names was used only by announcers and commentators. It came from a predefined set of names, each of which already had voice clips and stuff associated with it.

This would do wonders in The Show. It doesn't matter whether your last name is Wright, Wryte, or Right. All 3 have the same pronunciation. With this system, you'd be able to spell your name out correctly on jerseys and stuff, and still be able to retain the color commentary and announcer intros associated with the name "Wright".

They have that now. You select your name, and then select your audio name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #96

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
...Which is not what I said.
If they actually had the system I described, you wouldn't have to select your name, you'd be able to type it in.
Still how it is now....

I type in Ehlis and have it pronounced Ellis.

Ehlis is obviously not a name you can pick

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »