Home

Three Keys: Madden NFL

This is a discussion on Three Keys: Madden NFL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Three Keys: Madden NFL

Madden NFL 15 has had a pretty solid year, with many regarding this year as one of its finer efforts in quite some time. More than three months into my time with Madden, I tend to agree.

However, as with all sports games, there are still some areas the game really needs to key in on next year to have a successful season next year. Here are three keys for the Madden NFL series for 2015:

1. Improve the Commentary and Audio: This is a huge sore spot for the series. The camera angles, movements, etc., are actually pretty good this year — but the commentary is just so terribly bad.

READ MORE - Three Keys: Madden NFL
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Three Keys: Madden NFL

#2 is a top priority for me.... #3 is also important... #1 I couldn't care less about until other issues are rectified..
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
I would say special teams needs to be worked on before a soul needs to be given to anything .
Old 12-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Key #1 most for me.

And let's find a way to get penalties in the game without killing the fun factor.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Key #1 most for me.

And let's find a way to get penalties in the game without killing the fun factor.

That's easy just allow the sliders to work..so everyone can be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
OK here are my 3 keys:

1- Dynamic Commentary: don't care what they need to do, but I don't want to be hearing the same things over and over all season. Shouldn't be any reason why they cant get new commentary from each broadcast the crew does for real NFL games, I mean CMON, that crew does all the Sunday games, and TNF games, do something to catch everything they say for real NFL games and break it down and add it to the game where it applies.

2: Connected Franchise: create a stadium/logo/jersey for people who want to move teams, enough of the generic premade teams and stadiums. Improve game prep, offense needs at least 35hrs with defense getting 35hrs too. PS2 training camp mode is badly needed. Players do improve in the offseason right? Well according to Madden they only improve from a game. And full on scrimmage practice mode with CFM team is needed! Also allow for player others in the league in scrimmages. Expand on the mini game modes in game prep.

3: Stadiums/Fans: they badly need to come to life. Rain game and all the fans in tshirts? Snow game and all fans in tshirts? Horrible teams in CFM mode with a full crowd? Blowout games with a full crowd? How about the sidelines looking like graphics from the PS2 and not current gen like they should. Also add some sideline interaction. And maybe crowd signs on the FGs? People walking the isles, guys selling hot dogs ect,, the small things.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #7
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5

I think Madden needs more than three keys to improve next years game.
But if I had to choose
1. Penalties
2. Sliders that work
3. Better WR/DB and OL/DL interactions
Old 12-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
My biggest annoyance with Madden and, ultimately, the reason I traded it in was the CFM offseason free agency and not having the ability to view abilities and statistics for potential signings. If you play an online CFM, you can access some of the players abilities, but if you choose to play an offline CFM, you have nothing to really go on. I tend to dive in pretty deep on my franchises and just couldn't do it this year.

Along the same idea, you should be able to access a player card from pretty much anywhere. When I'm on the depth chart, I should be able to look at a players stats without having to exit out and go to another screen.

Don't care much about commentary as no matter what, if you play enough games, it's going to become repetitive. That said, I hate the sound of Simms voice and wouldn't mind an original crew that could record new commentary as the season goes on to try and keep it fresh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »