Home

Three Keys: Madden NFL

This is a discussion on Three Keys: Madden NFL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
OK here are my 3 keys:

1- Dynamic Commentary: don't care what they need to do, but I don't want to be hearing the same things over and over all season. Shouldn't be any reason why they cant get new commentary from each broadcast the crew does for real NFL games, I mean CMON, that crew does all the Sunday games, and TNF games, do something to catch everything they say for real NFL games and break it down and add it to the game where it applies.

2: Connected Franchise: create a stadium/logo/jersey for people who want to move teams, enough of the generic premade teams and stadiums. Improve game prep, offense needs at least 35hrs with defense getting 35hrs too. PS2 training camp mode is badly needed. Players do improve in the offseason right? Well according to Madden they only improve from a game. And full on scrimmage practice mode with CFM team is needed! Also allow for player others in the league in scrimmages. Expand on the mini game modes in game prep.

3: Stadiums/Fans: they badly need to come to life. Rain game and all the fans in tshirts? Snow game and all fans in tshirts? Horrible teams in CFM mode with a full crowd? Blowout games with a full crowd? How about the sidelines looking like graphics from the PS2 and not current gen like they should. Also add some sideline interaction. And maybe crowd signs on the FGs? People walking the isles, guys selling hot dogs ect,, the small things.
1. Improve the overall presentation, commentary and look and feel. Phil & Jim need to say names instead of "the player..." or "he....". Sometimes it feels like they're not even at the games. Also, in my opinion, every game feels like a preseason game, why is that? Have rivalries feel like rivalries, playoff games feel like they should and the Superbowl feel like well The Superbowl.

2. Have players play like they suppose to....team play like their suppose to play also. When playing Denver and Philadelphia have their offense run fast and pass happy. When I'm playing playing the raiders make them feel like their the raiders NOT THE BRONCOS WITH DIFFERENT UNIFORMS ON.

3. Connected careers. I guess this would fall under presentation but superbowls are played in different stadiums every seasin just saying. Also injuries should matter and carry on over seasons.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Locomotion and animation overhaul. It is just brutal playing Madden after playing NBA 2K, MLB the show, PES soccer, etc... Their animation and locomotion engines are light years better then Madden.

Also, there is a long list of gameplay improvements Madden needs but they really need to start making players distinguish themselves through ratings/badges/player specific animations, etc. Players all look and feel the same in Madden. All other sports games (not EA branded) are nailing this aspect. Madden, NHL and even FIFA are way behind.. Why is this not a priority?
+2 on the core game play needs to be brought up several notches to catch up to the rest of the AAA sports titles.

1a with this is players need to be individualized. Every player in Madden plays exactly the same, runs around exactly the same, falls down exactly the same.

1b put the frickin rules of the game in the game please and thanks. Let us gamers decide to turn them down or off.

These three things, you could bring Collinsworth back doing commentary and I'd still be happier than a pig in poop.

Make Madden cutting edge again and the leader in sports titles!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #19
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
1) Like NBA2K did with MyLeague I think we need a similar feature in Madden.

Let me choose if I want XP progression or not. Let me choose how often trades take place. Let me choose how often injuries occur and how serious they are and so on...

2) Also they need a complete overhaul of player ratings and how overall are calculated. I HATE how any 99 rated players there are in Madden after a few seasons. 99 should be the perfect player and rarely if ever be there.

3) Keep the current Madden gameplay for competitive online play where ratings seem to be insignificant. Create a full sim mode with penalties where ratings truely matter for offline play!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #20
Rookie

eaglesfan20's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Three Keys: Madden NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
2. Have players play like they suppose to....team play like their suppose to play also. When playing Denver and Philadelphia have their offense run fast and pass happy. When I'm playing playing the raiders make them feel like their the raiders NOT THE BRONCOS WITH DIFFERENT UNIFORMS ON.

3. Connected careers. I guess this would fall under presentation but superbowls are played in different stadiums every seasin just saying. Also injuries should matter and carry on over seasons.
I could not agree more with 2. every coach should have a personality of sorts, specific to tendencies to run or pass in all situations. I know that may be asking a lot but it would be nice to have something for situational tendencies though, such as 3rd and whatever distance, 4th downs depending on field position and game situation.

I would also like to see more done with franchise mode. it would be nice to see more personality and variables with players in their play - as I have seen mentioned a few times - adding something similar to badges(2k basketball) to help distinguish players and positions even. Add in formation substitutions to the depth chart area or add spots such as slot receiver or corner, short yardage/goal lie back, etc..

it would be nice to have a practice squad and a 53 man roster in which you have to decide the 47 active players for every game instead of having access to all 53 every game

more variety to injuries would be nice and coincide with my previous thought above. If players could have injuries that were labeled such as questionable, doubtful, out, etc. would also help add to the strategy of the week to week roster management. another thing would be to just get rid of certain positions to an extent, some teams like the eagles and broncos never use a FB but they have a roster spot for them.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
For CFM: We must be able to create draft classes like NBA2K or, at the very least, be able to edit all the rookies once they come into the league. This would go a long way for people really wanting to fix issues in progression or people that have made custom rosters. This is a must have.
How about just fixing progression so that progression isn't stat and goal based. How about having a progression system that is based on a real world model of how players in a sport progress. Ability, intelligence, coaching, mentoring, work ethic, etc, etc. Do some statistical analysis on real NFL progression and regression and the variables in real life that effect it and model the game after this. Then maybe we won't see WR's going from 95 speed to 65 speed in one off-season just because they reach 30.

More than anything, I would like to see the next madden CFM take a big step towards realism and realistic behavior instead of having such an arcade feel to CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
They really need to allow defensive match ups like they had on the ps2. Nothing ruins the game more than someone putting Calvin Johnson in the slot to be matched against the number 4 cb. Completely negates man coverage when that happens. Shut down corners should be able to match up with star wrs regardless of where they line up.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

1. CFM needs to be more alive for sure and its been done better in the past with franchise mode on ps2. It was a lot of menus but it did a lot to feel immersed. We need plAyer roles back. These really were a game changer. Not really in terms of the player but the cpu used these and made intelligent decisions. We got emails from disgruntled players. Morale mattered. We had a radio show that got repetitive for sure but it gave us an idea of the happenings in our league. The injury report was a lot better too with guys able to be questionable or probable and their stats reflected this. No more he's either fully healthy or injured and can't play. And a progressive injury system would make a lot of sense. A condition system where guys would start out at 100% in week one and would decline as the year goes on as due to injuries and the general hardship of football. I spend a lot of time in cfm looking at menus and such. Its hard to stay vested and care and the whole experience suffers.

2. Player personalities needs to be added. From Demeaner in games to specific player animations. There should be tons of these. There should be lots of generic ones as well. We should be able to assign these to created guys and drafted plAyers should get these as well. Keeps things more dynamic. This should extend to coaches as well.

3. Make WR and DB battles matter. It should be dynamic and not just the two mirroring each other and the WR has no intention of fighting for the ball or jockeying for position. Calvin Johnson can't really be Calvin Johnson if he's content to just run his route And hope the ball comes right to him and if it doesn't just content to just sit and watch as a cb swats or picks it off.

Bonus. Madden 09 had a revolution feature that was dropped. It was the rewind feature where Collinworth would break down a play and explain what should have happened. It needs to be reworked in regular commentary since so much of the commentary is breaking down a play instead of talking about the results. Let us know why and how the result happened. Use it as a teaching tool and a way to give more of a reason to watch the replays. If I throw a pick in triple coverage and I had a guy open let me know. If a player gets open for a huge gain let us know it's because the receiver ran a double move on 1 on 1 coverage and there was no safety help on the top because the safety was baited by the playaction. We know the result but the commentary doesn't let us know anything else unless we go into a replay and analyze it for ourselves which to me is a pain and it slows down the game. Commentary right now is fluff with little substance. Give it more of a reason to be there other than ambiance by incorporating it as another teaching tool that madden is trying to Bill itself to be.

Last edited by oneamongthefence; 12-06-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
In CFM, can there please be Andrew Lucks, John Elways, RGIIIs (as a prospect) and Sean Taylors? There are occasionally players that are like an 82 or something, but there is never that once in a generation prospect. Make those prospects, and have news stories that follow them almost every week of the season. Also, there have been no A speed QBs or TEs, and I check every draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »