Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 03:15 AM   #17
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I know I've said this before,but is NIKE the only licensed equipment? I was under the impression that there was going to be more then just Nike licensed equipment. If you look at the pitchers cleats they look like the same generic ugly cleats they've been using for years. I'm hoping they are going to release more details on what manufacturers besides Nike are going to be in the game. I would think if they had anymore licensed equipment they would have show maybe at least one more manufacturer. I really hope they are going to fix turf. It still looks like a flat green mat. It looks weird when a player slides on it and you see blades of grass fly up from it. Madden got the turf grass and artificial turf right this time,at least in my opinion. It clearly can be done,they also need to improve the batter's box chalk lines,they never seem to change even after somebody slides into home plate as well as the baselines to change either. They used change and get messed up in the last gen edition. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and has noticed that? One more thing,does the ps4 have enough power to make the uniforms move when the wind hits them? Thought in the Tiger Woods PGA tour on ps4 the clothes did move in wind.
It was happening on MLB 2k7 on xbox 360 so I'm sure ps4 is powerful enough, but it's a matter of whether or not the team wants to spend time improving uniforms and cloth physics and such.

Skip to 3:12 of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqToL8PhJw

It's also cool how the wind doesn't really pick up until that point in the game.

Last edited by Factzzz; 12-10-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #18
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I know I've said this before,but is NIKE the only licensed equipment? I was under the impression that there was going to be more then just Nike licensed equipment. If you look at the pitchers cleats they look like the same generic ugly cleats they've been using for years. I'm hoping they are going to release more details on what manufacturers besides Nike are going to be in the game. I would think if they had anymore licensed equipment they would have show maybe at least one more manufacturer. I really hope they are going to fix turf. It still looks like a flat green mat. It looks weird when a player slides on it and you see blades of grass fly up from it. Madden got the turf grass and artificial turf right this time,at least in my opinion. It clearly can be done,they also need to improve the batter's box chalk lines,they never seem to change even after somebody slides into home plate as well as the baselines to change either. They used change and get messed up in the last gen edition. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and has noticed that? One more thing,does the ps4 have enough power to make the uniforms move when the wind hits them? Thought in the Tiger Woods PGA tour on ps4 the clothes did move in wind.
There is more than just Nike, since you keep bringing it up... Listen to the PS Nation podcast for more info:

http://www.psnation.com/2014/12/09/e...more-than-one/

Or follow this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=812090

You're welcome.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 12-10-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #19
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Yikes, game is really starting to looked aged at this point.

Those screenshots are rough.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #20
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

These screen'grabs' - from a video - are so horrible. Oh the humanity.

End sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Yikes, game is really starting to looked aged at this point.

Those screenshots are rough.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
These screen'grabs' - from a video - are so horrible. Oh the humanity.

End sarcasm.
Did anyone read this in Christopher Walken's voice?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
With 3 months to release I'm not too optimistic that the game will look much better than that trailer.

It's still the best sports game out there and it's always day 1 for me but I'm disappointed in what they have given us on PS4 so far.
Thinking about it, this trailer was released in December, so it was most likely done in mid/late October in order to get everything where it needed to be for the reveal. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that trailer was made 2 months ago. And with 3 months until release, I have confidence that the graphics team will do their job and more. Again, I'll say, if Madden can have the kind of graphical leap it did between years 1 and 2, than the Show will absolutely impress. The Show's team has always done wonders graphically throughout a consoles life.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #23
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Probably best to take the trailer at face value, showing your cover-boy and branding. I know everyone likes to do forensics on every visual morsel but I bet we are basically looking at 14's visuals at the moment.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #24
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Probably best to take the trailer at face value, showing your cover-boy and branding. I know everyone likes to do forensics on every visual morsel but I bet we are basically looking at 14's visuals at the moment.
But I enjoy seeing the words port, broken, atrocious, underwhelming, disappointed, unplayable, same...............

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 12-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »