Home

New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward

This is a discussion on New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward

I noted in my review that WWE 2K15 had several small issues which led me to believe there was a coat of polish missing from the game. The latest patch (1.02) is an attempt to clean up some of the things marring the gameplay experience from 2K.

The changes themselves are all pretty minor, but they add up to create a bit better in-ring experience. The better animations and transitions, ability to come back, and the improved AI in Tag Team/Royal Rumble matches all add to the experience.

The latter improvement is something I really feel was much needed. While the AI isn't fully where I feel it should be, it is at least more responsive to what is going on inside of the ring, and the experience is a bit better because of it.

All in all, the second patch for WWE 2K15 did exactly what a patch is supposed to do, it cleaned up several aspects of the game and it doesn't seem any new major problems have arisen. If the telegraphing from 2K is any indication, bigger and better patches are coming which may move the needle on whether you should buy the game or not, especially at reduced prices. Right now, some necessary major issues were fixed (save issues) -- but the full coat of polish this game needs is still a patch or two away it seems.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
They still need to fix the problem with the A.I(And yes I mean A.I not User) not being able to perform their top rope diving finishers. Whenever they are going to perform it, they throw their opponent to the corner, hit them with a knee to the mid section which then puts their opponent on the mat. They then go to climb the turnbuckle and the opponent ALWAYS gets up before the highflyer can hit their finisher. And I mean always!!! Try facing Rvd or any one who has a top rope diving move as their finisher. I can't believe this got through testing!!!! I hope this gets patched. If 2k sports was able to add a walking animation to nba 2k15 then this can definitely be fixed.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Also the game is too easy even on Legend. I don't know if it's just me. But I beat the computer more than 80% of the time. I put all my reversal sliders to Zero and I can still reverse at a high rate. I always reverse the A.I's finshers. Especially the charged finishers. I understand some people might not be as good at reversing, but 2k Sports needs to atleast make it so that there are even LESS reversals if I put the sliders to zero because I want a challenge against the computer! Please, please, please update this!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
Also the game is too easy even on Legend. I don't know if it's just me. But I beat the computer more than 80% of the time. I put all my reversal sliders to Zero and I can still reverse at a high rate. I always reverse the A.I's finshers. Especially the charged finishers. I understand some people might not be as good at reversing, but 2k Sports needs to atleast make it so that there are even LESS reversals if I put the sliders to zero because I want a challenge against the computer! Please, please, please update this!!!
This is always the biggest problem for me. Once I spend some time with the game, the reversal timing just gets too easy and predictable, so then I have to give the CPU a higher reversal rating, and the matches wind up a bit boring because almost every move is countered. Wrestling games are tricky, because you're attempting to simulate something that is staged in real life, so while it's enjoyable to have a challenging game, it's almost impossible to set things up for the finish that you want in a match, because reversals are just too common and the CPU will just reverse the finisher you've spent several minutes trying to set up.

I always enjoy the game nonetheless, but they need to go back to having separate buttons for strike and grapple counters, a la the No Mercy era of games. Far more challenging and fun in my opinion.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
agree fully on the separation of strike and grapple counters, its a very cool and not cheap way to add a layer of challenge to reversals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward

X1 user here. We still do not have the patch so we cannot move forward. I find it odd that both nba 2k and wwe 2k patches are out on ps4 but not on x1 as of yet.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Xbox one here and mine is updating right now???
Old 12-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
Xbox one here and mine is updating right now???
Yes , i am also receiving the 4.1 gb update. Thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »