Home

2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

This is a discussion on 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

If, for whatever reason, you are looking for a well crafted Christ Benoit created wrestler or if you upload one -- you will find trouble of different sorts it appears.

According to an article from Kotaku, uploading a digital version of Benoit can and will result in you being banned from the online features of WWE 2K15.

"I only delete profane, nudity, and inappropriate creations," said 2K's Marcus Stephenson on Twitter.

The article from Kotaku dives further into the why of the decision, but it's honestly somewhat understandable that WWE wouldn't want anything related to Benoit in the game. It's worth noting other potentially inappropriate characters such as Adolf Hitler are also being deleted from the servers.

This of course does raise questions about how much control you should have over a game you bought -- despite the fact you are using free public servers to move said content around. As it stands, uploading any created wrestler which can be deemed as inappropriate can result in a ban from the 2K servers. You can contact 2K support to get your status back, although there is no word on if that step is working for anyone who has been banned or not.

So let us know what you think, should 2K be clamping down on their created wrestlers or should they be more open to any and all created content?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
This of course does raise questions about how much control you should have over a game you bought -- despite the fact you are using free public servers to move said content around.
You can create whoever you want and put them in your game, you just can't share them (if they are deemed to be controversial). Seems reasonable enough.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
I agree with the move as you can still create whatever you want so just keep the inappropiate & controversial stuff on your own console. Just because you have a right to create what you want doesn't mean you should be able to abuse it. A little common sense still needs to be used.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

Re: 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

Still though, what if someone wants a Chris Benoit in their game, but doesn't want to go through the obnoxious load screens of creating him? He should have a choice whether he can download a CAW that someone else put time in to create and is willing to share for free.

It goes both ways; at the end of the day nothing can be done because 2k owns the servers.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
Banning seems a bit harsh considering 2K didn't exactly warn anyone before hand. Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers and I'd be pretty pissed if I got banned without warning for sharing him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Banning seems a bit harsh considering 2K didn't exactly warn anyone before hand. Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers and I'd be pretty pissed if I got banned without warning for sharing him.
Agreed, it is a bit harsh to ban someone, especially if the person is not aware of what is right or wrong to upload in terms of player creation. I mean whether anyone agrees or not, Benoit was the most popular creation in 2k14. It's a double edged sword really cause in terms of a wrestling career Benoit was hands down one of the greatest. It's a shame that things happen the way they did, cause if it was different he would've been one of my go to legends in the game.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Ultimately, it really isn't 2K's fault, it's WWE's rules.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Seems harsh if players didn't know ahead of time.

Such a shame to see a HOF'er removed from wrestling lore. Granted, what the man did was reprehensible, but a shame none the less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »