Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #1129
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I will say this, ratings only shooting is really terrible with this patch. Switched over to user skill and it isn't as bad. Still a tad bit low for mid range jumpers but it is much better then ratings only shooting. Kind of funny I stopped using user skill shooting because in the beginning I felt I never missed, so therefore I switched to ratings only. After this patch, ratings only shooting went into the toilet and user skill shooting is better.
I actually feel the opposite.

I stunk it up after the patch with Ratings Plus Skill. The shot timing seems to be closer to when the game was first released.

Switched to Ratings Only and had slight improvement but still way too low.

Clearly they tinkered with stuff after that first patch.

Kind of crazy what they're doing behind the scenes.

When the game first came out, shooters couldn't miss. Now you can't hit a jumper unless you're standing flat-footed and uncontested.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #1130
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Played the Raptors/ Bulls matchup

They REALLY need to rethink the way Synergy works with injuries. Derrick Rose is playing tonight, I should be able to play with him on the the Bulls current roster. I don't know if they can tweak this as they continue to update things but it's pretty annoying as a Tip Off player...at least let us manually add guys back like we could before...

Things were a mess in game as well....as Kirk was going his best D. Rose impression...led the team in shot attempts by a large margin....no posting up Gasol, no getting the ball to Butler...nothing...

These are the types of experiences that pop up and leave a bad taste...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-22-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #1131
Pro

OVR: 1

Found Jamal Crawford and JJ Redick coming in from the bench in Dynasty for your the Warriors tonight! On the plus side they finally fixed Klay Thompsons hair! Game was intense otherwise.

Last edited by Calvenn; 12-23-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 02:11 AM   #1132
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Last game, Clippers vs Hawks, tip off game, I was the Hawks. Clippers shot 68% FG. I shot 12% FG with the Hawks in the 1st half before I quit that game out of sheer frustration. Clippers had a 30 point lead...... they hit 9 out of 11 3 pointers.

Pretty the only way I could score was to spam the paint with lay up attempts and attempt to draw a foul. 3 pointers ? Nope, the missed. Mid range jumpers ? Nope they missed. Shooting from the post 3 feet away from the basket ? Nope they missed. Kyle Korver missed every shot attempt he took. If it wasn't for free throws, he wouldn't have had points.

But yet the CPU had no problem shooting 3's, mid range jumpers and post shots over double teams. DOUBLE TEAMS.

This game makes me want to smash every controller I own.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #1133
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Last game, Clippers vs Hawks, tip off game, I was the Hawks. Clippers shot 68% FG. I shot 12% FG with the Hawks in the 1st half before I quit that game out of sheer frustration. Clippers had a 30 point lead...... they hit 9 out of 11 3 pointers.

Pretty the only way I could score was to spam the paint with lay up attempts and attempt to draw a foul. 3 pointers ? Nope, the missed. Mid range jumpers ? Nope they missed. Shooting from the post 3 feet away from the basket ? Nope they missed. Kyle Korver missed every shot attempt he took. If it wasn't for free throws, he wouldn't have had points.

But yet the CPU had no problem shooting 3's, mid range jumpers and post shots over double teams. DOUBLE TEAMS.

This game makes me want to smash every controller I own.

Yea they really need to fix the shooting, it feels like am playing live 14 where I couldn't get a shot to fall so I only played the demo, I like being down to the cpu it gives me a challenge but I shouldn't be messing that much shots it's really frustrating only possible time I can make a shoot is if the player is wide open and if the defense barely run at it, it says contested and the players mess. They need to do some tweaking to it cause players make contested shoots too. So please EA tweak something about this. Maybe not as easy has first time but not so hard, have to pray to the live gods that a shot goes in! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #1134
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nba live latest update for ps4 is amazing!!! Game plays much faster but not to fast.. Anamations are crisp and not robotic anymore.. Some more face scans also adding more highlights during half time show would be wonderful. To me.. The game plays great, still not perfect.. But then again what game is... I like he direction the Devs are going. Still haven't seen any floaters.. Seen some unrealistic alley oops .. Controls are tighter.. To many block shots but then again that's what Happens when you drive the lane with a 5'11 point guard on two 7 footers.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #1135
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I agree on the shooting...

I don't have any issues winning...and my FG% is actually pretty decent...sometimes in mid 50's. It's just that the majority of my points are coming from inside. It's not a lot of fun playing like that. The penalty for semi contested shots is too severe, so it eliminates things scoring form the triple threat with a mid range pull up, or situations where you hit a 3 point shooter and the defender is 1-2 steps away. I will say that the majority of WIDE open shot's from 3, (mid range jumpers are iffy regardless) offline hit a lot more than they were, but online it's pretty bad.

To the guy's who are have no problems shooting mid range jumpers etc. i'd love a stream or video seeing you in action. That's not a challenge to what you're experiencing, I would just like to see what you're doing to get those results...i'm stumped in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #1136
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I don't understand how shots can be considered CONTESTED when the defender is 2 or 3 steps away from you. The way NBA Live 15 has it, if a defender is within 3 steps of you, it is contested and you miss. Heck sometimes I get contested popping up on free throws, like WTF ? On a free throw ?

And the real killer, be wide open, get green good release, 96% chance sign of going in and you miss, over and over and over on green good releases with 96% chance of going in. Not fun when you have to spam lay ups in order to score. No mid range game at all for the USER. 3pt shots ? Might as well forget that too.

EA pretty much over corrected and went to the extremes. If this game had sliders, this wouldn't be a problem because EA tends to over correct in all their sports games. But since Live doesn't have sliders, we as consumers are stuck and are at the mercy of EA trying fix their game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »