Home

The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

A while back, I did some research on whether QB accuracy attributes made a noticeable difference in the ways quarterback's threw the ball. Over time, the affects were pretty noticeable. Bad QBs had a harder time hitting their targets consistently, and good QBs never had too much trouble. On the surface, it doesn't change the game in a way that it should, but across a decent sample size the difference (statistically) is certainly there.

Unfortunately, not every attribute has been given the same kind of attention. Blocking attributes are easily outweighed by the sliders that represent them. Shifting the pass blocking or run blocking slider up or down has a much greater impact on a player's performance than increasing or decreasing their attributes. The same can be said about virtually all facets of the kicking game.

So the real question is this: which attributes are the most important, and work as they should?

Speed: If nothing else, EA has always represented speed as being an absolute game-changer. Having any player with high speed can be enough to change a game, even if they don't have the other kind of attributes normally needed to field a position.

Release: This is a surprisingly underrated attribute. How quick a wide-receiver can break off of press coverage almost entirely depends on how well this attribute matches up with their opponent. Especially in the red zone, where press coverage is a near must, the release attribute can have a huge impact on the game.

Catching: Again, this has a lot to do with the slider that represents it. That said, the higher a player's catch rating, the more likely they are to make some pretty cool grabs. This also has a definitive impact on your quarterback, as poor pocket passers can be bailed out of some bad throws with awesome catches.

For instance, Jeremy Maclin has the ability to go down and grab a throw towards the dirt, but Josh Huff may struggle to even make a play on it.

Awareness: There's no way to put a finger on exactly what the awareness attribute does, but it has a definite affect on the game. After minimizing this attribute for an entire game for every player on the Patriots, I noticed them reacting like zombies off of blocks and zone coverages. The rating almost certainly doesn't work in a realistic way, but it's importance towards fielding a competitive game is certainly evident.

What are the most attributes to you in Madden NFL 15?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
For recievers at least, route running is more important than speed, as higher route running is more likely to get you separation.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
From a person that creates an entire team with the starters are all 79 and everyone else is 75 (I used to do all 75 but wasn't able to win a championship in the first season doing that. Probably try again later) (I do the same thing on 2k15. I'm the best at doing it). Anyway, I believe release is very important. If you get off the line well then you already have the advantage.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidtaylor1989
From a person that creates an entire team with the starters are all 79 and everyone else is 75 (I used to do all 75 but wasn't able to win a championship in the first season doing that. Probably try again later) (I do the same thing on 2k15. I'm the best at doing it). Anyway, I believe release is very important. If you get off the line well then you already have the advantage.
Oh if anyone wants to challenge me on this. Then I can share my roster then you can jot down all the attributes etc, then we can play a season or a game.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

I find CIT (catch in traffic) to be vital for TE's as well as posession WR's.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Re: The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

Since no ones mentioned it yet, Acceleration (ACC) is a key attribute for every single position, maybe even more so than Speed at certain positions.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
For me I always value acceleration and agility higher than speed. I would rather consistently gain good yards rather than periodically break a big play.

I agree with release to an extent. Years ago when D. Mason played for the Ravens is an excellent example of this. When I played against "casual" gamers who paid little attention to matchups I would blow them out; but when I played someone who knew to always press Mason it was more of a struggle. However most players do not have release at either extreme (Mason was something like a 55). I think a CB's press rating is more important than release.

Catching -- The drop open passes trait is much more important than the pure catch rating. CIT is more important than regular catch.

Strength -- Most may disagree, but this is huge for linemen. I remember last year's Madden with the wonky rookies being a disaster for my team. I had weird linemen with elite acceleration, moves, speed, etc but horrible strength (75>) and I consistently got shredded by the run game. It was sad how much my guys got pushed back.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

to me CIT, all speed attribute, Hit power, Tackle, and throw power just to name a few.

ive had WR with mid 60 and 70 CiT drop the ball when they are hit almost every time
A higher hit power seen to cause more fumble(of course)
A bad Tackle attribute will get that defender beat every time
Throw power of course for the deep passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »