Home

Why MLB 14: The Show is a Great Gift for the Holidays

This is a discussion on Why MLB 14: The Show is a Great Gift for the Holidays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why MLB 14: The Show is a Great Gift for the Holidays

Looking to buy a last minute Christmas gift, either for yourself or someone else? Here are a few reasons to revisit one of the year’s best sports games, MLB 14: The Show.

Read More - Why MLB 14: The Show is a Great Gift for the Holidays
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why MLB 14: The Show is a Great Gift for the Holidays

I wish I could gift myself MLB 15 The Show for this Christmas.
#44Syracuse
Old 12-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

$25 really is a no-brainer for one of the best sports games of the year. Even if you're not a dyed-in-the-wool baseball fan, odds are you'll find something to appreciate, even if it's just checking out the amazing renditions of all 30 MLB stadiums.

RttS may not have the shine or sizzle of NBA 2K15's myCareer, but I'm enjoying playing out my own story way more than the scripted tantrums they spoon-feed your character in the NBA game. I'm currently toiling away in the minors, trying to work my way out of a miserable batting slump with the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs. And I couldn't be happier.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm still playing this game more than any other game ... Madden, FIFA, NHL all spend more time in their cases while I'm playing this game. Must admit I'm torn with regards to how to handle the save transfers come the next version ... I'm a Mariners fan and have a franchise going with them ... love the trades I've made and where I have the team; but isn't part of the thrill of getting the latest version is working with the newest rosters? The game play in 14 is still good enough for me so if one was simply going to keep playing their dynasty what's the reasons for moving up to 15 (maybe that's something that won't be known until that version is out?). I'm sure I'll get 15 and just start over though lol cause I'm a sucker for buying the latest versions.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers
I'm still playing this game more than any other game ... Madden, FIFA, NHL all spend more time in their cases while I'm playing this game. Must admit I'm torn with regards to how to handle the save transfers come the next version ... I'm a Mariners fan and have a franchise going with them ... love the trades I've made and where I have the team; but isn't part of the thrill of getting the latest version is working with the newest rosters? The game play in 14 is still good enough for me so if one was simply going to keep playing their dynasty what's the reasons for moving up to 15 (maybe that's something that won't be known until that version is out?). I'm sure I'll get 15 and just start over though lol cause I'm a sucker for buying the latest versions.
Best of both worlds: Get Show 15, keep the old M's file, and... AND... start a new one.
& if you haven't tried QC, you have an opportunity to to try it out on your new franchise, or convert your old M's franchise to QC, that is, if it isn't already a QC franchise.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Tried to buy it at target today and most sports games were gone and not even on sale ??? \
Well while driving there I said if its not there its not meant to be so I will buy it for $17 on feebay as Im dying to see all the new roster changes .
Old 12-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This is a day too late. Went the arcade route for the next few months for $19.99 with the Super Mega Baseball game (I think that's what it's called).

Come March though, MLB 15: The Show will be mine for PS4 and Vita for $79.98, guaranteed.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I knew it wasnt meant to be I would have bought it and couldnt even have accessed the great online rosters do to the hackers so maybe things really do happen for a reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »