Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

I think most of us are just happy to have a competent NBA basketball game. If it can just play right we are satisfied. 2K15 has a lot of issues and head scratching omissions but its not terrible. Is it 9 out of 10 and great and all that? No. But whats out there to compare it too?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #18
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

for every good thing this game does on the court, it also does one head-scratching thing off it. no headbands or multiple saves? this is next gen right? lol

but other than that great game. if 2K16 starts bringing back the logical things we used to have, I'll be ready to deem it 'greatest sports game'
Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

I've voted great, too.

And i will always be the guy who will never truly be satisfied with online proportion of the game yet gameplay is fantastich! Balanced and organic are two words describing how phenomenal it is for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
I find it hard to believe that doing, what they were paid to do, and to do it poorly, is "redeeming themselves nicely".

By keeping their customers in the dark on issues and failing to major reported issues in My League while putting out VC grabs is not good business. All it had to take was a simple notice that was like this:

"Hi guys!

We have problems X,Y,Z.

We are addressing problems X and Y like so.

We will address the problems through a patch.

Uh oh. The patch messed up because P, we need more time, sorry.

Sorry for the wait, here's your patch.

For the next patch we are planning on fixing Z. "
The first games out on new consoles are always usually rough around the edges but as time moves on and the developers learn the hardware, the games will get better. Besides you don't want to hit one out of the part first time up although it's nice but what's left after that for an encore.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I think a majority of the average/bad votes are most likely from the people that are still having server problems and the hardcore MyLeague guys that are annoyed by the regression issue.

Those are really the only two major themes I've been seeing lately that doesn't involve accessories. But let's be honest, those guys won't ever be satisfied with the accessories.
Good Post. I know that I wouldn't be a good, "objective" reviewer, because for stuff like shoes, accessories, tats, hairstyles, uniform color, or design, I would probably only take off 2 or 3 tenths of a point if those things were lacking and that would only be if I was in a bad mood.

It won't happen, but I really wish there were 3 separate sections for impressions of this game, well all sports games really. One for User vs CPU, Franchise type players, one for H2H online players, and one for those who care most about aesthetics and other visual trimmings.

It goes without saying that people are entitled to their own opinion, but if you actually like basketball and aren't just giving a troll vote, to say that this game is bad, well... I'll leave it alone as to not violate the TOS in multiple ways.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #22
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Good Post. I know that I wouldn't be a good, "objective" reviewer, because for stuff like shoes, accessories, tats, hairstyles, uniform color, or design, I would probably only take off 2 or 3 tenths of a point if those things were lacking and that would only be if I was in a bad mood.

It won't happen, but I really wish there were 3 separate sections for impressions of this game, well all sports games really. One for User vs CPU, Franchise type players, one for H2H online players, and one for those who care most about aesthetics and other visual trimmings.

It goes without saying that people are entitled to their own opinion, but if you actually like basketball and aren't just giving a troll vote, to say that this game is bad, well... I'll leave it alone as to not violate the TOS in multiple ways.
Perfect post bro. Like I posted earlier, from a pure gameplay/simulation viewpoint, this game is VERY close to perfect. For people who care more about online or shoes/accessories, the game is further from that. Maybe there should be sub forums within each forum for each style of player, although that is probably unlikely, as you said.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 12-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #23
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
No halftime show = No purchase.

What looked to be a very solid pregame show still couldn't get me to buy it without a legitimate halftime show. NBA2k15 was THE game I was going to buy until 2K decided to take away a feature.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
No halftime show = No purchase.

What looked to be a very solid pregame show still couldn't get me to buy it without a legitimate halftime show. NBA2k15 was THE game I was going to buy until 2K decided to take away a feature.
what the hell?

Yeh offline players seem to be alot happier. I played a couple of games offline its not too bad.

But im strictly a head to head online player who lived for the competitive battles of 2k11, 12, 13............. and 2k14 and 2k15 have been pretty much unplayable in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »