Home

The OS Year-End Awards: Sports Game of the Year (Reader's Choice)

This is a discussion on The OS Year-End Awards: Sports Game of the Year (Reader's Choice) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Nba is a great game overall. But there are glaring issues. Player movement is still robotic, they don't turn and follow the player which makes you lose the guy and get scored on easy. The lack of accessories, or control over them. Defense is to unstable. There should be a share option for sliders.

The game looks great, and i can play it forever, but i play franchise mode only, and it's crazy for these fast cpu pg's and big time players hey of so easily
Old 01-06-2015, 12:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
I'll say this, Madden can win next year if they only fix the run blocking, realistic penalties, more features and options for draft. Classes, and accessories. It's a shame that they still use the same cleats, and who the Hell wears that house collar? The game is much better and can be even better, but they have a long way to go.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #11
Rookie

CEAZY's Arena

OVR: 0
I would have put FIFA ahead of those two games, as i think EA sports and FIFA are still miles ahead of any sports game that i can seen this year or i see getting released in the next couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #12
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11
No way PES not on any list... PES ,Nba 2k, the show top 3 ,
Old 01-07-2015, 03:12 AM   #13
Rookie

DEEBOFIOUS's Arena

OVR: 0
How much is 2k putting out to this site? Before the LARGEST PATCH in 2k history and after, this was by far one of the worst releases.

#1 online play is still below average
#2 too much focus on everything other than NBA (Ex. 90% of all uploaded videos of 2k are ridiculous My Player play)
#3 This is the hardest @2kstauffer has worked since being hired. We should all feel cheated that he wasn't asked to update more frequently until now. How & why does this guy get to keep his gig?
#4 Signature shots are still off by a mile. How hard is it to youtube shots?
#5 Individual player styles and tendencies are greatly needed.
#6 Far too many AND1 type influences. (Ex. The lob is the most ridiculous play in the game. I see lobs that are caught by players behind the play or out of frame.)
#7 The controls are screwed. The spin move, floater and euro step have been made useless and uncontrolable. 2k, by adding animations we don't control has regressed back to the iso stick control. Back then you could wiggle the stick one million different ways and never duplicate the same move back to back.

I could go on and on about my favorite game. 2k was not impressive.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #14
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEBOFIOUS
How much is 2k putting out to this site? Before the LARGEST PATCH in 2k history and after, this was by far one of the worst releases.

#1 online play is still below average
#2 too much focus on everything other than NBA (Ex. 90% of all uploaded videos of 2k are ridiculous My Player play)
#3 This is the hardest @2kstauffer has worked since being hired. We should all feel cheated that he wasn't asked to update more frequently until now. How & why does this guy get to keep his gig?
#4 Signature shots are still off by a mile. How hard is it to youtube shots?
#5 Individual player styles and tendencies are greatly needed.
#6 Far too many AND1 type influences. (Ex. The lob is the most ridiculous play in the game. I see lobs that are caught by players behind the play or out of frame.)
#7 The controls are screwed. The spin move, floater and euro step have been made useless and uncontrolable. 2k, by adding animations we don't control has regressed back to the iso stick control. Back then you could wiggle the stick one million different ways and never duplicate the same move back to back.

I could go on and on about my favorite game. 2k was not impressive.
#3- I was under the impression that this was Mike's first year actually being employed by 2k. Is that not the case?

#5- I'm not saying the tendencies are perfect, especially in the post, but I find that most star players are pretty true to their real life counterparts. I played OKC last night and Durant was bombing away on me, while Westbrook was attacking the paint all night.

I really enjoy 2k for the most part, but if you made me choose, I'd take either FIFA or PES ahead of it. Nothing I ever do on 2k is as fun as scoring a really good goal on one of those games.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »