Home

Is The Golf Club Getting a Retail Release?

This is a discussion on Is The Golf Club Getting a Retail Release? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Is The Golf Club Getting a Retail Release?

A user on NeoGaf spotted a new scheduled release for Golf Club Gold, with a date of April 28, 2015, published by Maximum Family Games. This could mean that The Golf Club is getting a retail release, which would time nicely with the game's anticipated huge Spring feature update which will also include a new season mode.

The game was spotted on Gamefly for Xbox One and PS4. With generally positive reception, The Golf Club could be looking to widen its audience -- which would be a smart move for the developer, HB Studios.

Do you have any interest in a disk based version of The Golf Club?

Source - NeoGaf
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3
On the PS3, absolutely, but I doubt that is happening.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is The Golf Club Getting a Retail Release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

A user on NeoGaf spotted a new scheduled release for Golf Club Gold, with a date of April 28, 2014, published by Maximum Family Games. This could mean that The Golf Club is getting a retail release, which would time nicely with the game's anticipated huge Spring feature update which will also include a new season mode.
April 28th, 2014!? They're a little behind on that Honestly though, I don't know that a disk based version of it would be the big of a seller. I've only bought one game on disk for my PS4 and XB1, and that was Forza 5, and it will probably be the last disk based game I ever buy.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
Its deserving of one. I bought it digitally so i dont really have an interest in it but it might be good for sales once people see it on the shelf
Old 01-27-2015, 12:33 AM   #5
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
I think a demo would really help this game. It's hard to pay $35 for a game with no chance to try it out. That's what has been holding me back for purchasing it.

I've heard a lot of good things but a demo could get a lot of folks off the fence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
I think a demo would really help this game. It's hard to pay $35 for a game with no chance to try it out. That's what has been holding me back for purchasing it.

I've heard a lot of good things but a demo could get a lot of folks off the fence.
I agree with you man, but having recently bought the game, I can honestly say it's worth the $32 I spent (PSN ran a 10% off thing). Graphically, it's nothing to write home about, but it still looks pretty good, and more importantly it's really fun and challenging. I've played 3 rounds so far and have a total of 2 birdies, and I shot 15 over on the "Augusta" course.

The best part of the game is the plethora of online features. It's really fun to play against the ghost rounds of your friends, or just random people, and the ability to share created courses means there are 10,000+ courses to choose from.

If the PGA license matters to you, this isn't your game. Truth be told, the create a player options are a little underwhelming too. If you like a tough, strategic game of golf though, it's worth it easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »