Home

Some 2015 Sports Gaming Projections (Video)

This is a discussion on Some 2015 Sports Gaming Projections (Video) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Some 2015 Sports Gaming Projections (Video)

This is a guest video post from guest contributor Jake Berger. Be sure to check out Jake's YouTube channel and also be sure to subscribe!

Heyo! 2015 has arrived and while last year things didn't seem to go sports gaming's way in a lot of areas, this year we are hoping for a much better year full of surprises, new title announcements, and massive amounts of intrigue.

Each major title should be pretty good, and more importantly, several could be great. Here are four of Jake's 2015 sports gaming predictions.

What do you see happening in 2015?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't understand the whole MVP 2005 game being so great that MVP Baseball 2016 would be awesome. NBA Live 05 got a 8.9/10 with IGN. It was a great game. I believe I bought it all the Lives over 2k Basketball and I even had a Dreamcast. Look at NBA Live now, it's terrible. It would take years for EA to even come close to MLB the Show.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
Honestly, if MVP came out today with essentially the same gameplay with improved graphics, animation, commentary, etc., it would be leagues behind The Show. But even now, MVP plays a great game of arcade style baseball. Still, it would be huge disappointment, much like the NBA LIVE series is now. But at the same time, baseball games are the easiest to make, and EA certainly has the resources to deliver a worthy product that would grace both systems and supply competition to a genre that has none.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
Interesting takes. I completely agree that Madden 16 is going to blow the sports video game market away. Do not think that NCAA Football will be back though (sadly). Until the NCAA finishes appealing the O'Bannon ruling, I highly doubt that EA would chance making another college football video game unless, of course, the Power Five conferences granted college athletes the right to collect compensation on their images and likenesses. I think NCAA will be back eventually but not next year.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32
I won't hold my breath waiting for Madden to ever become sports game of the year. I believe the foundation of the game is broken, Madden will never have an opportunity to be great, unless they build it from the ground up. They have way too far to go to even be considered for that award.

Penalties would have to be brought back and working properly, the physics would have to be fixed, Realistic weight and momentum will have to be implemented, and major bugs will have to be fixed.

It seems there has been at least one major bug in every release since last gen began
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »