Home

Out of the Park Baseball 16 Features Official MLB & Minor League Baseball Licenses

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 16 Features Official MLB & Minor League Baseball Licenses within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 16 Features Official MLB & Minor League Baseball License

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradOOTP
We have to remove a few other story lines from the game, in addition to drug suspensions. Things like the story where a player says he hurt his back chopping wood and then turned out to be having an affair will have to go, along with a couple others. Basically anything salacious.

My understanding right now, though, is that all story lines will still be available for fictional leagues.
That makes sense. So I can still expect the possibility of Jordan Zimmerman falling off of his roof a week after I sign him to a big free agent deal? Oddly enough that's the exact moment that I hated this game the most as well as the moment that I fell madly in love with it.

Very excited to know that the licensing deal won't affect too much. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 16 Features Official MLB & Minor League Baseball License

Very nice, hopefully we get a new version of iOOTP.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Very nice, hopefully we get a new version of iOOTP.
IIRC (Brad will correct me if I'm wrong lol) there is a new one coming out and it's being renamed as "MLB Manager" or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
IIRC (Brad will correct me if I'm wrong lol) there is a new one coming out and it's being renamed as "MLB Manager" or something.
Correct - There will be an iOS and Android version. This was posted in the newsletter.

Quote:
"(Yes, iOOTP Baseball, which will now be called MLB Manager, is getting the same treatment, along with an Android version. We'll reveal more details in next month's newsletter.)"
BradC also posted this on the OOTP forums

Quote:
MLB Manager 2015 details, including the new features beyond the MLB license, will be in our February newsletter.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Thanks fellas! So pumped for it, played so many hours of iOOTP 14.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:33 AM   #14
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Oh man, ish just got real now.

I gotta hurry up and decide on what team to play. In text sports sims, I always play a team w/ a new coach. And in this particular group of teams, I wanna bring one a WS title for the first time. This year's candidates for me are Rays, Astros, and Rangers. I'm heavily leaning towards Astros, but...decision will be tough.

Anyone want to pick for me??
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 01-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #15
PR and Marketing Manager at OOTP Developments

OVR: 0

Yes, and things like PED suspensions will still be available in fictional leagues.

And RE iOOTP: Yes to all the things posted by others. (Thanks, all.) MLB Manager 2015, its new name, will come out for iOS and Android. We have iOOTP Baseball 2014 running on Android devices now -- It's in testing, so I'm pretty sure that will be out on Google Play soon, so we can get a little Android exposure before the new game comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigh Cubs Teigh
That makes sense. So I can still expect the possibility of Jordan Zimmerman falling off of his roof a week after I sign him to a big free agent deal? Oddly enough that's the exact moment that I hated this game the most as well as the moment that I fell madly in love with it.

Very excited to know that the licensing deal won't affect too much. Keep up the great work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #16
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

So MLB Manager 2015 will be the same as OOTP just the mobile name?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »