Home

Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
You really may be the only one who feels this way.
I can guarantee you I'm not. I've bought the show every year since 2010 on day one and I love it but I'm starting to see a trend where not much is changing. When you have the exact same player models and hear the same things form the commentary from 5 years ago, it's worrisome.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

This was more like a guessing preview as opposed to a preview.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #11
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

lmao year to year saves is not a game changer at all smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

umm yes it is a game changer. Especially in a sport like baseball where there are 162 games. To get though that many games and then have to start over when a new game comes out sucks. Even I you sim half that is 81 games. To play a game of MLB the show takes like hour and a half to 2 hours so to go though a season like that is like 120-160 hours. Even if I play a hour a day witch is a lot when I have so many other games to play and when I don't have has much time has I used to with having to work going though a season is like 5 months so in a full years game the farthest I am going to be able to get is to like the end of season 2.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #13
MVP

I play a lot of rtts, and mostly the show live. I'm just such a big baseball fan, that a lot of my time gets taken up by watching actual games, so a lot of my gameplay is done in the winter.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
It really is tho, if you play RTTS. I wish other sport games (nba2k and nhl) had this feature. Then I wouldn't have to spend 3 months of grinding each year.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #15
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I'm not sure how promising this sounds and I'm afraid they'yr going down Madden's route. Madden used to be a first day automatic purchase on the PS2 but come the PS3 it was terrible. I hope The Show doesn't follow suit but it sounds like it may...
The Show is the most accurate sports sim out there. Not sure why you feel this way, or what you want them to change. But baseball doesn't change that much from year to year. Player models are good, could use some work but certainly don't make the game a joke. Commentary needs work too but again isn't a game breaker. Not sure what kind of monumental changes you expect them to make.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #16
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
The Show is the most accurate sports sim out there. Not sure why you feel this way, or what you want them to change. But baseball doesn't change that much from year to year. Player models are good, could use some work but certainly don't make the game a joke. Commentary needs work too but again isn't a game breaker. Not sure what kind of monumental changes you expect them to make.
I'm sure they can make some improvements to Franchise mode and graphics and such. MLB 14 definitely didn't jump out to me as far as graphics go as some other games did. But going back to the person you quoted, I think the biggest difference is that Madden took a giant step back in almost every way moving from PS2 to PS3. MLB 14 did not take a step back, just maybe not as big of a step forward as some people thought it would

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »