Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

Lost in the midst of a blow-out quarter for EA is the fact that EA Sports PGA Tour is now no longer listed as a FY 2015 title. In previous forward guidance, EA Sports PGA Tour was listed as a Q4 release, which would imply a release before March -- in today's guidance, PGA Tour was removed.

Retailers have been showing PGA Tour as a June release for some time now, so it's interesting why the game was listed as a release for this current quarter. A small delay like this, if you can even call it that, wouldn't be surprising and is probably a good thing for the title in the end. EA has sent out promotional material to stores like Gamestop with a 'Spring 2014' release -- so there's no reason to not expect the title in the Spring.

We'll be keeping an eye on things to see if there's any hint on EA Sports PGA Tour's status.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
I always thought it was supposed to be released between April and June of 2015.

The fact that they've shown basically nothing of this game for 6 months makes it pretty clear they've never really planned on releasing it before April. At least imo.

Last edited by BA2929; 01-27-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
It's been in Gamestop's system to reserve for a little over a month now with a placeholder date of June (I wanna say, but not positive of the date) 2nd, but definitely sometime in June. Just haven't double checked my system there in the last week or so.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

Wondering with the success with the golf club. They maybe adding some kind of course designer to compete. Wishful thinking I know. But just something to keep in mind. Also could June 30th just be a place holder because no official release date as been announced? That is almost the end of spring. I'm still hopeful for an April release right before the masters would make the most sense. I mean look how little to no info we got on NHL three months before it's release.

Last edited by jbd345; 01-28-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think they took a good look at The Golf Club and decided that the competition is greater than it was when the game was originally announced. No big deal for me because TGC keeps getting better with every update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Maybe EA is filling a void from NCAA football!?!!?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
Rookie

I may not even bother with this unless they really do something great with it. Very satisfied with TGC and the unlimited amount of courses. Might pick up HSG for the PS4 though just because it's fun to play.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

I was told by an EA Sports rep via email (Not mentioning names) not to believe the placeholder dates.

At this point however, there's no doubt it'll probably be a June release.

I tried contacting this EA rep again for more questions and there was no response.

So, I guess we'll see.

I too am happy with TGC but I really like the "Golf Without Limits" style that EA is shooting for.

Makes things more fun for the casual golf gamer plus I'm really curious to see the courses.

They're going back to their roots that made the game popular in the first place. The crazy, wacky golf game that we knew from the past.

But since it was the only golf game on the market, the traditionalists had no simulation type games so EA decided to go with the more calm, boring style which unfortunately wrecked the game not to mention the bugs from TW14.

But now, since TGC is out and Perfect Golf is out in Early Access, EA doesn't have to do the simulation thing anymore. I think they were meant to do the arcade style because when they tried to please fans by trying to go simulation style, the game just became flat out brutal although I still played them but I'm talking about to the masses.

As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Only reason why they changed things up is because it was the only real golf game on the market.

Now we have 2 great simulation golf games that came out so EA can freely go back to their signature arcade style that made the game fun and I think it's great.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »