Home

NBA 2K15 Shoe Glitch Workaround

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Shoe Glitch Workaround within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 Shoe Glitch Workaround

A user on Steam, by the name of lima, has posted this tutorial on how to get around the shoe glitch in NBA 2K15.

Quote:
1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)

If you would rather watch a video explaining the process, check out this video from Nykefaller.

If you aren't interested in the workaround, 2K is offering refunds. It doesn't look like a patch is coming to fix the issue, but Ronnie did leave the door open.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by tbadwan; 01-30-2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: MISSED INFO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Re: SHOE GLITCH WORKAROUND

Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

I hope this gets patched in the upcoming weeks. It been a month of complaint and still no patch.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
Banned

SHOE GLITCH WORKAROUND

I can confirm guys, this works for shoes you're not signed to. I'm currently wearing J Walls at home and Kobe 9s away...

This is my 4th season after signing with Nike in the second and those are my custom made Walls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Paul21694; 01-30-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbadwan
ALL CREDIT GOES TO LIMA ON THE STEAM FORUM: http://steamcommunity.com/app/282350...?insideModal=1

The steps to reproduce are below, please try on your own, I'm not at home right now, but I did try and it worked. I think this should work even if you don't have a shoe endorsment, because we are exploiting a glitch, there is no cheating involved or messing with any files. So just try it if you want.

1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)
Your sir, I would consider kissing, no homo.

No more ugly bull**** I created with my shoe deal.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Yep it works, wearing custom Jordans in mycareer 1st season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Rookie

This is genius! Now I can finally have my shoe deal!!
Tier: Legendary++
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Wait so you can actually wear shoes of a brand you didn't sign with ?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you. Ive been waiting forever to where custom shoes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »