Home

WWE 2K15 2K Showcase DLC Available Today - Full Details Included

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 2K Showcase DLC Available Today - Full Details Included within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K15 2K Showcase DLC Available Today - Full Details Included

The WWE 2K15 2K Showcase Mode DLC - One More Match, highlighting the rivalry between WWE Superstars Christian and Randy Orton in 2011, will be available today for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles.

Read the full press release below.

2K Announces WWE® 2K15 Downloadable Content for 2K Showcase Available Today**

Story-driven addition relives the 2011 rivalry between WWE Superstars Christian® and Randy Orton®, including new playable WWE Superstars and arenas

2K today announced the availability of the newest downloadable content for WWE® 2K15, the latest release in the flagship WWE video game franchise (view the new trailer here). The new content marks the first addition to the game’s story-driven 2K Showcase mode – One More Match – and highlights the rivalry between WWE Superstars Christian® and Randy Orton® in 2011. One More Match enables players to experience Christian’s triumph and heartbreak throughout the year, including winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship® at Extreme Rules®, losing it one night later to Orton and turning his back on his best friend, Edge®. Christian’s quest to regain the title is highlighted across a series of notable moments, including matches against Orton on SmackDown®, as well as at Over the Limit®, Capitol Punishment®, Money In the Bank® and SummerSlam®.

The downloadable content offering* is accessible via Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, and includes the following items:

2K Showcase: One More Match
  • Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
  • Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Christian, Randy Orton, Edge®, Mark Henry® and Sheamus®;
  • Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
  • 2K Showcase: One More Match is available for a suggested price of $9.99, as well as through the Season Pass program.
Additional downloadable content for WWE 2K15 includes the following items:

Accelerator
  • Players gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
  • The Accelerator is available now for a suggested price of $1.99, as well as through the Season Pass program.
WCW Pack
  • Playable WCW Superstars: Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal and Lex Luger;
  • The WCW Pack is available now for a suggested price of $7.99.
New Moves Pack
  • More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (made popular by Bray Wyatt®), the Gutwrench Suplex (made popular by Cesaro®), Rack Attack (made popular by Nikki Bella®) and Running Knee Smash (made popular by Brie Bella®), as well as the Uso Crazy® and Spinning Powerbomb® (made popular by Jimmy Uso® and Jey Uso®);
  • The New Moves Pack is available now for a suggested price of $2.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
  • Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
  • Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Mark Henry, Big Show®, Kane®, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso®, Sheamus, The Great Khali®, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan® and Ryback®;
  • Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
  • 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available in early 2015 for a suggested price of $9.99, as well as through the Season Pass program.
NXT Arrival
  • Playable Former WWE Champion and Monday Night Raw® announcer: JBL®;
  • Playable NXT Superstars: Adam Rose™ and The Ascension™ (Konnor™ and Viktor™);
  • Playable NXT Diva: Emma™;
  • NXT Arrival will be available in early 2015 for a suggested price of $6.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
  • Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
  • Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior (1989-1996), Hulk Hogan (1990), Andre the Giant (1988) and Sgt. Slaughter (1991);
  • Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man (1988), Rick Rude (1990), Macho King (1991) and Colonel Mustafa (1991);
  • Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker® (1991) and Hunter Hearst Helmsley® (1996);
  • Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
  • Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event® XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
  • 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available in early 2015 for a suggested price of $9.99, as well as the Season Pass program.
About the WWE 2K15 Season Pass Program

Players may purchase select WWE 2K15 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass program. For a one-time cost of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
  • Access to exclusive playable WWE Diva Paige™;
  • Access to the Accelerator;
  • Access to all three 2K Showcase stories (One More Match, Hall of Pain and Path of the Warrior).
* Xbox Live or PlayStation®Network account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K15 required to play.

**Content available on Wednesday, February 11 for PlayStation 3 system in Europe and Oceania.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Does anyone who has this game actually enjoy it? I've loved these games in the past, but in the clips I've seen this year the PS4 version is a bit disappointing aesthetically. And for the love of God, how can they have the balls to charge that much for DLC???
Old 02-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Nines's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2K15 2K Showcase DLC Available Today - Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Does anyone who has this game actually enjoy it? I've loved these games in the past, but in the clips I've seen this year the PS4 version is a bit disappointing aesthetically. And for the love of God, how can they have the balls to charge that much for DLC???
As a guy who hasn't purchased a wrestling game since 2011, I can honestly say that the in-ring action is the best it's been in years. The stamina system does a great job of mimicking the pace of real-life matches (though it is not without it's quirks) and the first time you hit a Sweet Chin Music, collapse to the mat and have to crawl to your opponent to get the cover it is nothing short of amazing.

Saying that though, the lack of match variety, and general scaling back of previously present features is a sore point. The Career Mode that seemed to have promise prior to release has almost zero depth, and feels like you're just grinding from one match to another with little to no context. Universe Mode has appeal, but it only really comes into its own if you micro-manage the hell out of it and book everything as you want it.

Even with those negatives, I do not regret a single penny I spent on WWE 2K15. I got it during the Holiday Sale at a discount price (season pass included) and it's always fun to play, at least for me. As a fan who was disgruntled with the product for years, I'm pleased with my purchase.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

OVR: 0
I love it. Its a bit bare, but honestly, its just as fun as any previous version has been.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nice the 2k Showcase is one of the best things on this game loved the first 2 can't wait to play this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nines
As a guy who hasn't purchased a wrestling game since 2011, I can honestly say that the in-ring action is the best it's been in years. The stamina system does a great job of mimicking the pace of real-life matches (though it is not without it's quirks) and the first time you hit a Sweet Chin Music, collapse to the mat and have to crawl to your opponent to get the cover it is nothing short of amazing.

Saying that though, the lack of match variety, and general scaling back of previously present features is a sore point. The Career Mode that seemed to have promise prior to release has almost zero depth, and feels like you're just grinding from one match to another with little to no context. Universe Mode has appeal, but it only really comes into its own if you micro-manage the hell out of it and book everything as you want it.

Even with those negatives, I do not regret a single penny I spent on WWE 2K15. I got it during the Holiday Sale at a discount price (season pass included) and it's always fun to play, at least for me. As a fan who was disgruntled with the product for years, I'm pleased with my purchase.
Yeah I really enjoy the game. Not as much as I thought I would admittedly, but the right match with the right wrestlers in the right situation and you can get spectacular results.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9
Still not seeing it out for ps4. I'll keep checking though!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #8
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone able to download this yet or know when it will be available. I just went on and didn't see it downloadable anywhere. I am on PS4.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »