Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

OS'er reaction to the Diamond Dynasty revamp seems to be somewhat cool, although the reaction isn't disastrous. In our recent poll, 51% of players are turned off to the prospect of even playing the game, but 49% are considering the mode on some level.

The new Diamond Dynasty mode has suffered, along with the rest of The Show's online modes, with the game's spotty online performance. There is no doubt The Show will need to absolutely get the online player versus player aspect correct before this Spring for the Diamond Dynasty mode to be a truly viable option for players.

The elimination of contracts and focus on purely MLB guys will be a huge help to the mode. Linking the mode to a universal currency system will also likely help some players jump in, knowing they can field a competitive team simply by playing other modes in the game.

Overall, OS'er reaction to Diamond Dynasty is probably outpacing expectations -- given the fact these modes still bring up a certain level of angst with many in the community. At the end of the day, it has been interesting to see the shift from outright rebellion against collector types of modes to almost an acceptance of their existence.

What would you do to improve Diamond Dynasty?
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

they need to focus on rrts and franchise mode. Both modes have way more potiental then they are right now. Adding a story line or more interaction wud be nice for rtts.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi1751
they need to focus on rrts and franchise mode. Both modes have way more potiental then they are right now. Adding a story line or more interaction wud be nice for rtts.
and how does that actually improve DD???

What would you do to improve Diamond Dynasty?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Having actual licensed minor league ball players wud be nice and would work for all game modes.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Having actual licensed minor league ball players wud be nice and would work for all game modes.

minor league players arent licensed which is why you dont see them in the game until sometime after they are called up

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Isn't the story line starting out as a minor leaguer, working your way to the majors, becoming an all-star and hopefully a hall of famer? I don't need no rival or cut scenes with my agent and would prefer to just get to the next game.

As for Diamond Dynasty? I will most likely try it this year after playing RTTS and Franchise for a while and accumulating some cards/stubs. I have never really given it a chance before and the changes make it more appealing.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Gotta bring back those Dynasty players somehow. I think putting a "create-a-player" card in card packs would eliminate the use of an overpowering team, but also keep a lot of creativity in the game. Wish I could touch base on them with this. Is there any way to contact the developers?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #8
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm in the camp that has no intention of playing Diamond Dynasty regardless of any improvements to the mode, and I'm guessing a lot of that 51.46% share the same view. I also have a terrible ISP and when you combine that with the game's history of spotty online performance I decided long ago to never touch any online-related mode in this game again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »