Home

The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #17
2w0
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Most Important Attributes in Madden NFL 15

Since the basics have already been talked about, I'd like to mention some that haven't been...

For HB, Elusiveness and Ball Carrier Vision are huge. I use a lot of run-up-the-gut plays, and my favorites are the various 01 Trap plays in the Minnesota playbook. I've run these Trap plays over 1,000 times, and it's ridiculous how brutal they are when coupled with a One Cut back or a Power Back. Because of how nasty these Trap plays are, I completely avoid Speed Backs in Free Agency, because running up the gut in M15 is, in my experience, much more effective than outside runs, which is quite the departure from every Madden previously released. And if you're too fast when running up the middle, you'll outrun your blockers and get lit up by every LB on the field.

I scout Elusiveness now because it's expensive to upgrade (BCV is cheap). It's easy to test how important these are, just run up the middle with any One Cut or Power Back (I like Dallas or Minnesota) until your guy gets tired and your Speed Back comes in and totally ****in sucks.

If you don't use Trap plays, do yourself a favor and add them in and practice them at least 100 times with the right running back. Audible to a Slant any time they have a defender in the A Gap. Don't use Sprint until you've run past the LB's and you're trying to outrun the Safeties. When you're just starting to use these plays, focus on memorizing where your O-Line is going to set up their blocks dependant on where the LB's are standing, and figure out where the open hole is going to be.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:23 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

every position: speed
Old 02-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
AWR is the FIRST choice by quite a margin, IMHO...

Firstly, the CPU's defensive AWR is affected by the HUM QB AWR on all offensive snaps and the HB AWR triggers it on run plays...

Easy test:

Boot up a game with DEN, use Manning / observe loose, poor coverage, then switch to backup and see defense play much smarter / tighter...

Same with HBs...

It's a universal modifier of defensive AWR in the previous examples...

Lastly, AWR modifies just about every attribute for All 22...

AWR, by a mile...no contest...

BCV is also an interesting modifier, in that high number = big holes versus low numbers = small holes that close quickly...
I gotta agree with this. Because I don't control any of the players save for K/P, I must make sure AWR, PRC, BCV and those types of ratings are at least decent before a guy gets onto the field.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think they have toned down speed on offense some. I have a WR in CFM right now with 97 Acc and 96 speed and he cannot get any separation whatsoever against slow CB's on go routes. Speed threshold doesn't work properly.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Speed. You don't need Awareness if you have 99 Speed as a WR. That DB could have 99 awareness, if he has 87 speed, he's getting burnt every single time.
I've experienced the exact opposite. I have a damn track team in CFM and I cannot take the top off of a defense. I can't even get one of them to run past a DB in single coverage on a go route. Pass placement is a problem and separation is also a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I've experienced the exact opposite. I have a damn track team in CFM and I cannot take the top off of a defense. I can't even get one of them to run past a DB in single coverage on a go route. Pass placement is a problem and separation is also a problem.
@LBzrule
Does difficulty level factor into that lack of speed differential with your 90+ speed guys?
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
AWR is the FIRST choice by quite a margin, IMHO...

Firstly, the CPU's defensive AWR is affected by the HUM QB AWR on all offensive snaps and the HB AWR triggers it on run plays...

Easy test:

Boot up a game with DEN, use Manning / observe loose, poor coverage, then switch to backup and see defense play much smarter / tighter...

Same with HBs...

It's a universal modifier of defensive AWR in the previous examples...

Lastly, AWR modifies just about every attribute for All 22...

AWR, by a mile...no contest...

BCV is also an interesting modifier, in that high number = big holes versus low numbers = small holes that close quickly...
Would definitely need to see more studies on this to prove that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »