Home

Press Row Podcast - Is NBA 2K Bigger Than Madden?

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Is NBA 2K Bigger Than Madden? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
We all know the only reason Madden is relevant is because of the NFLs popularity! Without the exclusive rights todays kids might not even know what madden is/was; whether someone else bought the rights or the rights were shared; madden would probably be extinct or they wouldve fixed the game to turn a small profit. The only thing that could possibly fix madden is losing the rights to the NFL!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #18
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Is NBA 2K bigger than Madden? Of course not. One look at the yearly sales charts quickly proves it.

For 2014, Madden 15 was the second-highest selling game -- only Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare outsold it. Yes, Madden outsold Destiny, Super Smash Bros., Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and every other big-name challenger. For comparison, NBA 2K15 placed #7 on the chart -- very good, obviously, but not even close to Madden.
as far as game sales, madden 15 has two months on nba. the nba doesn't get popular until after dec and nba 2k14 stayed in the top 10 most of all last year.

nba 2k is going to be competing with fifas popularity very soon as they continue to add world basketball leagues from every country. there are so many dlc micro transaction options for commentary and league additions it is scary.

just imaging if they add chinese league and commentary charge a couple bucks for these dlc and league add ons to a nation of 1 billion... it will be like printing their own money.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #19
Rookie

TheDukeBlueSean's Arena

Re: Press Row Podcast - Is NBA 2K Bigger Than Madden?

No. Madden will always be bigger than NBA2K because of EA. EA makes Madden made the size it. If Madden was made by a different company this would be a different answer.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeBlueSean
No. Madden will always be bigger than NBA2K because of EA. EA makes Madden made the size it. If Madden was made by a different company this would be a different answer.
Does that work with Battlefield vs COD??
Old 02-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #21
Banned

The problem I'm having with the MLB The Show,is I'm worried they are focusing to much on the Diamond Dynasty mode! I want a much better franchise mode! A franchise mode that has been long overdue for a complete overhaul,a franchise mode that has been very stale for quite awhile now! I could really care less about Diamond Dynasty! My mode of choice is Franchise,always has been! The only sports game I'm playing still is NBA 2k 15 and the reason for that is,because to me they have the best franchise mode bar none! I feel more into it! I'm in season two in franchise mode in Madden and still haven't played my third preseason game yet,I haven't played Madden in awhile. It's a shame ,because I'm a huge sports video gamer. I've been playing way more Grand Theft Auto Five then anything. I'm hoping the Shows franchise mode is going to be much improved this year to keep me interested passed one season like NBA 2k has!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #22
Rookie

We should be comparing NBA2K to NBA Live. Apples to apples instead apples to oranges. Impossible to compare game when one product cough cough Madden has no compeition for Football. Anyways
Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 AM   #23
Rookie

Here we go again. I'm sick of 2k getting all this praise when there are so many gamebreaking issues that plague gameplay. I play Madden and 2k and Madden doesn't have half of the gameplay problems 2k has. Also, 2k15 has by far the WORST input delay as well as online play I have ever experienced in any VIDEO GAME! THE WORST. What are we judging and making these comparisons with? I want to see how 2k16 sells. There are a lot of online gamers who are sick of the laggy online play and lack of lobbies.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #24
Rookie

I agree 100 percent. Online lag and is terrible post patch 3...It makes online gameplay pointless and frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »