Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #9
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope this game is a console game would suck if its an mobile little mews and no realese timeframe so we wait and see
Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Great post, Facemask!

Crazy thing is man, as bad as 2K handled APF even they didnt keep us in the dark about platforms like these dudes are, lol. 2K made a press release in February 07, and told us what systems it's comin out for in the same release. Then they had another release in April with more info and then started up that bad campaign we all remember but wanna forget.

I'm glad this article was made. I dont feel like anybody wants to be hostile towards them, we all want them to succeed. We just dont want them to make the same mistakes we saw others make over the years, cause we all know what happens after that....... back to no options and dealing with Madden only.

I hope its not a thing where like everybody is afraid to speak up to Joe Montana because of his stature. It can be like that sometimes when you deal with a dude of his status, but the minute the media starts questioning what the hell youre doing youre rattling the hornet's nest homie. Even if you disagree, it's too dangerous to risk that, cause I remember with 2K and APF it was one site with way less of a userbase then OS questioning APF and how it was being handled with the public and before the week was out it was a bunch of bigger sites throwin gas on it and 2K couldnt put the fire out. It was too far gone and it really hurt the game man. I dont wanna see that happen again!

But they got time. Damon seems smart. They can get it right.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:23 AM   #11
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
This is all fine and dandy (this being the article and comments) but as I digested what I read I had a devious thought. What if there is no other game being made just someone trying to put the developers at EA on noticem Like they are trying to scare them into creating a better game. Just a thought though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 02:35 AM   #12
Banned

Very intriguing,but I have to say it really won't be nothing without the exclusive NFL license that EA has kung fun grip on. It's just not the same without the NFL license. Just my personal opinion,not that I wouldn't give it a try.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Wow way to incite a panic everyone needs to RELAX . I watched a interview with damon and joe montana on tech crunches youtube account and mr. grow is bright a whip.In the interview joe talks about trying to get his game back on a console check it out. Also they were demoing the game at the superbowl meaning they had to be showing it to someone at the nfl and the graphics are clearly next gen they look like 2ks face scans.So people need to just chill out on the mobile game theory . I mean have you seen madden mobile ? lmao. Damon is dropping dimes yall just not catching the passes.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
Wow way to incite a panic everyone needs to RELAX . I watched a interview with damon and joe montana on tech crunches youtube account and mr. grow is bright a whip.In the interview joe talks about trying to get his game back on a console check it out. Also they were demoing the game at the superbowl meaning they had to be showing it to someone at the nfl and the graphics are clearly next gen they look like 2ks face scans.So people need to just chill out on the mobile game theory . I mean have you seen madden mobile ? lmao. Damon is dropping dimes yall just not catching the passes.
They didn't demo the game at the SB, they pulled it away at the 11th hour, it wasn't ready, yet.

I don't think people need to chill out on anything, yet, Grow's background and experience lies in the mobile industry. It's very possible they are working with another developer.

Good timing on the article, I agree with FM, except on one note.

I'm assuming Joe is in charge of the purse strings, so, I'm sure he is/will be calling the shots on marketing and other major decisions.

Last edited by roadman; 02-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1
you had me at Joe Montana and lost me at mobile gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #16
Banned

@Facemask

Good post. I've been thinking a very similar thing. They come from the mobile space and in that space a lot of games aren't even marketed much if at all until they're released, and sometimes not even after that. As you know, there is an understanding that the mobile market is largely about impulse buying rather than anticipation, with a few notable exceptions of course.

Even though I feel the author even going near vaporware territory is over the top, I at the same time understand the thought process. Production has been revealed since last year and we still don't for sure know the definite basics of what the game is. I remember Backbreaker coming out in 2010, but giving us something more substantial to go on in 2007/8/&9.

Like Gridiron said, they still have time. They better use it wisely. It's not bad right now, but it doesn't take much for it to get there and we've seen it before. I don't think any of us want to be dragged through another media fiasco.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »