Home

It Looks Like Someone Beat Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! Blindfolded (Video)

This is a discussion on It Looks Like Someone Beat Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! Blindfolded (Video) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes, I am another gamer who placed a Mike Tyson victory at the top of ones gaming career. The hours spent climbing the ladder to that title was painful.... in the end ALL WORTH IT!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #10
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Re: It Looks Like Someone Beat Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! Blindfolded (Video)

No offense, but it's weird for me to hear someone say they never played Punch-Out.

I had the 1990 "Mr Dream" version. Dream was basically a re-colored Tyson palate, IIRC.

I remember it being all about timing and patience, even then it was hard. I suppose though, you can train yourself to "listen" to clues (i.e. the hops of Bald Bull) or even flat out memorize everything in the game. I don't think I could do it.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #11
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

This is by far one of the coolest things I have ever watched. I've played all the punch out games. They hold a special place in my heart. In fact I would purchase a Wii U if they made another one.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

GamerTag - TecmoZach

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 13

It's crazy to me that there are people that have never played "Punch Out"...but then, I'm old. I forgot that if you're under the age of 25 or so, that game wasn't even on your radar as a kid.

In reality, it's really not a 'boxing' game in any real sense, it's much more akin to a puzzle game. The game essentially boils down to pattern recognition (except for Glass Joe, who you can button mash into a 90-second knockout), with some reflexes thrown in. It's probably a lot closer to "Dragon's Lair" than "Ring King".

But that's not to diminish this feat. It's amazing. And I also put beating Mike Tyson as my #1 video game accomplishment ever. That's how we separated the men from the boys in grade school - you either have or you haven't beaten Tyson.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #13
MVP

I never played punch out, but i've always heard about it and i know it's considered a classic( i always had a sega, no nintendo when i was younger until i got an n64). Either way it's impressive, i'm not too shocked though, some of these guys(usually speedrunners) can do some crazy stuff, i'm currently watching a guy beat legend of zelda ocarina of time blindfolded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »