Home

Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates

This is a discussion on Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd rather have them focus entirely on next year's game than do frequent roster updates. They already have the smallest funds and team for EA's sports franchises. It actually may be unreasonable to think they'll get updates like this out as frequently as Madden.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates

Why does everyone think that it has to be "this" or "that"? How freakin hard it is to replicate a player for player trade and then push a roster update out to reflect that for your consumers that paid $60 for the product?

It can't be that freakin hard because almost every other sports game seems to do it far more frequently than the NHL series does.

Tired of excuses being made for the lacking of this series. If it were HUT related it would have probably been addressed within minutes of its occurrence, and the fact that they are showing pictures of the players in their new uniforms on social media within minutes of these trades occurring is flat-out misrepresenting your product to the public. Because you cannot fire up the game and play half of the game modes (which this year is about 2) with the updated rosters.

There is no way that the person(s) in charge of updating the rosters are also hard at work on other aspects of the game and cannot find 10 minutes a week to update something that any of us that paid for the game could do on our own if given the tools to do so.

And if that was even the case then why are they charging full price for something that isn't a full game? Why are we paying $60 at launch for something that can't even begin to come close to what other $60 games offer?

Fix your damn product and treat your consumers with the respect and attention they deserve... before there aren't any left!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm pretty understanding about the NHL series. I still think it's outstanding game play and it's come so far in the past 10 years.

That being said, the rate of roster updates is unacceptable. Mattg123's fan created rosters used to be extremely comprehensive and much more frequent than NHL 15's updates. He did it all out of his love for the game and the help of the community of fans.
If EA NHL can't designate a full time head to rosters, why not recruit the hard core community members with the ability to make the changes?
This is 2015, roster updates should happen daily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 48
EA NHL HUT is all about "your" money, and not you! They taketh away, and then bringth back; that's how EA's NHL series is rolling right now! This is not acceptable at all. If you are not going to allow us to create/edit/share rosters for the $70cdn, I gave you (EA); then give me an acceptable amount of roster updates for my money!!! Don't most of you that have bought the game feel a little ripped off?
Don't get me wrong, but the gameplay is pretty good; and that's where it ends. Theses dev teams from EA, better wake up; because social media will carve them up in a second, as word of mouth is way too slow nowadays; just like their updates!
I guess we all have to wait and see what year 2 in their development plan is going to bring to the table, as it is clear as day that EA NHL has moved on to NHL 17.
cheers
Old 03-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13
I couldn't care less about roster updates (being several years into a BeAGM, real NHL rosters are irrelevant to me), but I can't help but wonder how much of this could be solved by the game allowing free editing in all modes. Then, we could just make our own roster updates and remove the entire problem, no?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I couldn't care less about roster updates (being several years into a BeAGM, real NHL rosters are irrelevant to me), but I can't help but wonder how much of this could be solved by the game allowing free editing in all modes. Then, we could just make our own roster updates and remove the entire problem, no?
That's my issue. I don't care as much that EA can't seem to figure out how to accurately release decent rosters. I care that EA completely takes away the ability for fans to do it, and still can't get it right.

If EA doesn't want to bother making accurate player faces, builds, equipment use, ratings, and rosters, fine. They should be busy at work making the next game help people forget this version.

But all i ask is, give the people the ability to do it themselves.
The rosters have been terrible for as long as I can remember with EA's NHL. The updates were always pretty slow for rosters, but they seem to somehow lower the bar a bit more. Guys with the wrong handedness, guys who just looked completely wrong, all of it was something that wouldn't be so bad if we could just fix it ourselves and share it easily.

EA seems to love putting up roadblocks to doing things, but hates fixing the road even more.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #15
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
If EA NHL can't designate a full time head to rosters, why not recruit the hard core community members with the ability to make the changes?
Seriously this. Hire the Revamped team, Matt, and all the other Roster Editing gurus and let them go to town or give us the ability to Roster Share.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #16
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I have played this series since inception back to the original Sega game and have had a lot of fun with the series and it has been up and down over the years but still I remain hopeful that this maybe a sign that they have shifted focus onto NHL 16. And yes I know they are running out of benefits of the doughts but still I remain hopeful that this black eye will heal and NHL 16 rebounds from the NHL 15 debacle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »