Home

Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates

This is a discussion on Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #17
Banned

Solarstar11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Latest NHL 15 Roster Continues Season-Long Trend Of Lackluster Updates

The Slowpoke meme would perfectly fit these people's roster tweets.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #18
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I fear that by now they have set the proverbial bar so low that '16 will be acclaimed simply for being fully featured once again.

I would be willing to wager a bet that more than half of this community would be fine with that. I would not be, however. I really think that they have set this series back about 5 years by now. I have lost a lot of faith in the producers and company to make a competent and simulations style hockey product in the near future.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

If they leave out GM Connected I won't consider it fully featured. So I don't think 16 will be fully featured. Your gonna get 15 with eashl .
Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #20
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
If they leave out GM Connected I won't consider it fully featured. So I don't think 16 will be fully featured. Your gonna get 15 with eashl .
Bingo.

EA left out EASHL so they can use it as a back of the box feature for 16.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #21
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I fear that by now they have set the proverbial bar so low that '16 will be acclaimed simply for being fully featured once again.

I would be willing to wager a bet that more than half of this community would be fine with that. I would not be, however. I really think that they have set this series back about 5 years by now. I have lost a lot of faith in the producers and company to make a competent and simulations style hockey product in the near future.
I know that I personally, would be done with them forever if that's all that happens. I sat out for NHL15, because i didn't want to support the idea that a broken game was something that deserved any money at all, much less full price. The lack of acknowledgement and addressing of issues is definitely concerning (If the rest of the game got 1/4 of the traffic on Facebook and Twitter that HUT got, it would be a major change in their current M.O.) given the fact that in my opinion, there was just so much wrong with the release of NHL15, completely ignoring the last-gen copy of the game that was little more than a roster/audio update (yet still had more features...), the EA team seems to almost be oblivious to the entire thing. Almost like the parents of a serial killer and drug addict that just want to talk about how nice the stick figures look in their kid's drawing on the 'fridge...

The optimist in me wants to say that the lack of updates is because they're working hard on NHL16, and unfortunately, leaving NHL15 the way it is.

I guess time will tell. But, if there's just another 'meh' release from EA, i think i'll just stick to trying to pretend i can play real hockey, and digital baseball. I really hope that won't be the case though. Seeing the NHL series rise again would be a really great thing. The greatest sport deserves an equally great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't care no more about NHL series. Gameplay is one thing, but don't release NHL 15 next gen as NHL 09 remastered.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #23
Rookie

G_e_e_z_e_r's Arena

Anyone who thinks they are working hard on 16 is a lot more optimistic then me. Isn't that what they said when they skipped next gen for 14? Then they release a game with two game play modes...lol

When 6 of the 10 touted features for 16 are...Zamboni racing, big head hockey, Hut web app, Hut play a friend, Hut Manager tasks and Hut online tournaments i have no faith in 16 being any good.

The only thing that will save video game hockey is if a new game enters the picture. EA is only interested in Hut.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #24
Rookie

I don't get it. You have this whole passionate hockey community (which seems to be getting smaller because people are increasingly pissed off) ready to contribute and customize the game for you and yet you remove editing and modding features. The whole industry is moving in that direction and they just refuse to change their model. Makes no sense whatsoever. From a business perspective especially. Hello... Your losing fans!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »