Home

Driveclub Game Update 1.12 Available Now, Replays, Improved Drifting and More

This is a discussion on Driveclub Game Update 1.12 Available Now, Replays, Improved Drifting and More within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Driveclub Game Update 1.12 Available Now, Replays, Improved Drifting and More

Driveclub game update 1.12, weighing in at a whopping 7.16 GB, is available now adding the replay feature, big changes to Drift Mode, Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione and more. Check out the full details below.

Full details of Update 1.12:
  • Adds Replays to the game for all Single Events and Tours. You can now save a Replay at the end of any single player event and view it later from the Replays section.
  • Photomode can be used from within a Replay at any point.
  • Introduces a new Driver Level 50 reward: You can now unlock the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione for your Garage!
  • Refines Drift Mode scoring to increase the points scored for momentum, control and staying on the track.
  • Adjusts the drag reduction when veering off road, so that accidentally leaving the track slows you down more gradually.
  • Adjusts the drag penalty on world collisions, to remove the possibility of gaining any advantage after colliding with a wall.
  • Adds the option to control screen brightness in-game (new Display Option).
  • Adds the option to change the volume levels on individual SFX channels (new Audio options in Settings).
  • Adds the option to make the AI opponents in a Single Event drive in the same car as the one the player chooses.
  • Adds the option to select factory paint jobs for AI opponents (new Display Option).
  • Removes the voice chat icon for any player you have chosen to mute in Multiplayer while you are driving.
  • Adds new categories for downloaded Livery Packs within the Bonus Designs in Customization.
  • Adds status information about friends playing DRIVECLUB™ to the Social Hub.
  • Immediately centers the camera view behind the car automatically whenever you reset to the track.
  • Adds support for live streaming via Twitch and Ustream while playing Multiplayer.
  • Improves the atmospheric visual effects further by improving heathaze and introducing mirages, which are visible on the road when light is refracted by hot air.
  • Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
The following updates are coming soon:

Update 1.12 Add-ons (coming to PlayStationŽStore March 24-26):
  • Adds support for the Peugeot Onyx Concept, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a free download.
  • Adds support for the Lamborghini Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
  • The Lamborghini Car Pack includes: Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversario, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse and Lamborghini Veneno.
  • The Lamborghini Tour Pack includes 10 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for the Pacesetter Tour Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
  • The Pacesetter Tour Pack includes 12 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customize your cars with.
Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.12):
  • Continual server upgrades: to keep improving online stability and performance for all current players and to enable the
  • release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
  • Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
  • Replays for Multiplayer races: these require further development and testing and will come in a future game update.
  • Lots more cars: We're only half way through the Season Pass that runs to July and we have many more commonly requested cars and manufacturers coming to DRIVECLUB!
  • New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already. In the mean time, please enjoy exclusive access to the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione as a reward for your dedication and success.
  • Additional audio options for cockpit camera.
  • Lots more!
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Driveclub Game Update 1.12 Available Now, Replays, Improved Drifting and More

Holy buckets - this looks amazing.

Between this and Project Cars, I may never leave the house again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqQZOddCW4
Old 03-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Driveclub Game Update 1.12 Available Now, Replays, Improved Drifting and More

Replays are really nice, but for some reason they aren't available during online MP races. That is where the feature would really shine. Exposing how dirty people race.

Quote:
Adds the option to change the volume levels on individual SFX channels (new Audio options in Settings).
This is amazing though.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
Next patch for online replays, was mentioned.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

For being a 7 GB patch this downloaded pretty quietly.

Replays look phenomenal. Gonna be playing around with this feature a lot.

Edit: Looks like you're limited to 50 saved replays at a time. That being said, you could certainly use the PS4's video capture to record the actual replay if you wanted to keep it but had no free slots.

Last edited by bcruise; 03-17-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Here's my first Replay Mode video. Just to note, I was playing on the Amateur (second) difficulty level so I could actually pass some cars by the end of a 3 lap race, and was trying to run clean. I throttled up a bit on the last lap to gain a few spots by the end.

The Replay mode just makes this pure eye candy. Those water beads on the car, and even some 3D grass in one shot...

Old 03-20-2015, 10:43 PM   #7
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Since the last update I'm now seeing strange MP issues. The thing thats happened to me a few times is off the start, all other cars are still and parked. I drive past them all, and eventually cars catch up to me and drive where they roughly should be. Very weird.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's my first Replay Mode video. Just to note, I was playing on the Amateur (second) difficulty level so I could actually pass some cars by the end of a 3 lap race, and was trying to run clean. I throttled up a bit on the last lap to gain a few spots by the end.

The Replay mode just makes this pure eye candy. Those water beads on the car, and even some 3D grass in one shot...

I'm still on PS3 and have tried to ignore some of these vids so I don't get the urge to upgrade yet...but wow, that looks AMAZING.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »