Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
* i HAD no IDEA THE park stuff was that serious. Seems like a world I am just oblivious to man. High Rollers court LOL.
You're probably better off remaining oblivious to the "High Rollers" court.

All that ever happens in those games is one big man will stand underneath the rim with the "set screen" button held down, so that you can't box him out or push him out of the paint.

Then the other two guys, who are usually 7'0" tall with 95 ball control and 95 shooting, will just dance back and forth behind the three point line, spamming certain size-up dribble moves that are invulnerable to being stripped, until they finally get an opening to shoot a three pointer.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-22-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #18
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
this is considered a "secret" by people here ? this is basketball 101
Most people that play 2K are unaware of Basketball 101 Hakeem. So yea it is a "secret."
Old 03-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't think anyone even called it a 'secret' in the first place...

I just went bad and watched all the NBA TVs, I admittedly never even paid attention to them...their actually fairly entertaining, lol
Old 03-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #20
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

24, wassup fool.

But yea, I want to go back and watch them but I have other things to watch. I keep telling myself to check them out though
Old 03-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Man, those YouTube comments are completely disgusting.

I feel bad for the people who work on these videos, only to have all that nonsense spewed underneath.

2K should consider upping their moderation or just disabling comments on these videos altogether.

Anyway, a 4-out 1-in offense based on pick and rolls is extremely difficult to stop in 2K15 if you have the right personnel (explosive point guard, hard-hitting, athletic screener, three shooters spotting up). The AI just doesn't react very well to ball screens, and they don't always make the appropriate decisions when helping out.

But I'm sure Visual Concepts already knows this and is working to improve the defensive logic for 2K16.
You know what's crazy the pick and roll was useless at the release of the game but then they put a patch to have the AI react a certain way so the pick b more useful. Look up all the patch updates and see what I'm talking about it shoud have some notes bout it. Smh. Don't kno y they did it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #22
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I love that 2k rolled this vid out.

Quick note if you consider yourself a Simhead: Remember that you learned about basketball from thousands of hours of playing and watching, not from videogames. 2k is now selling millions and millions of copies, topping the list and remaining in the top ten for months at a time. It is a mainstream game now. That means ALL levels of people of different ages and basketball experience are buying the game.

We want them all playing Sim, right? That means we have to make sure that Bball 101 info is out there IN RELATION TO THE GAME. Everyone is not going to hunt down technical or even basic basketball info. They aren't used to doing that with games.

The Sim community needs to step up and bridge the gap between basketball vets and 2k noobs. Of course we want the most elite, specialized, technical info out there, but we also need to balance that with Sim Basics.

So don't be shy about teaching the basics and making that info easy to find. Take the shame off of "dumb" questions. The faster we get everyone understanding the Sim game, the better it is for us as gamers and the clearer it is for 2k when they have to decide what features to put in, leave out and balance in the game.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16
Thanks for the love OS'ers/SimNation family! I'm extremely happy to see this get so much love. I was confident in the content but wasn't sure how it would be received amongst the masses. The producers of the show really killed it as well. I've got X's and O's content that we could talk about every day for years but they really make it stand out. This segment and show has done really well and is a stepping stone to much more I believe.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I love that 2k rolled this vid out.

Quick note if you consider yourself a Simhead: Remember that you learned about basketball from thousands of hours of playing and watching, not from videogames. 2k is now selling millions and millions of copies, topping the list and remaining in the top ten for months at a time. It is a mainstream game now. That means ALL levels of people of different ages and basketball experience are buying the game.

We want them all playing Sim, right? That means we have to make sure that Bball 101 info is out there IN RELATION TO THE GAME. Everyone is not going to hunt down technical or even basic basketball info. They aren't used to doing that with games.

The Sim community needs to step up and bridge the gap between basketball vets and 2k noobs. Of course we want the most elite, specialized, technical info out there, but we also need to balance that with Sim Basics.

So don't be shy about teaching the basics and making that info easy to find. Take the shame off of "dumb" questions. The faster we get everyone understanding the Sim game, the better it is for us as gamers and the clearer it is for 2k when they have to decide what features to put in, leave out and balance in the game.
Some of that stuff should include just showing people basketball basics, such as what is a 3 in 2 out system? What is swing motion? What is the triangle offense? etc. A series of videos like that, with an intro to the system (what is it?), when to use it (what players is it good for?) and an immediate demonstration of how to use it to win (quick x's and o's) would help new users a lot I think, with all the depth Czar is building into the game.

I also still think the definitive what, how and when of POE's and making adjustments, including recognizing what the defense is doing and how to counter it, has yet to be done.

I'm on xbox so videos are harder for me to do, plus I am just not up to speed on how to make videos. Even more, I don't feel like I know enough about these different systems to do the intros well. Others around here do know, though, so I hope someone can take a crack at it.

But you're absolutely right: we need a lot more really basic video content, aimed separately at maybe three general levels: beginner 2k player, intermediate player (has played a few years but not sim style) and experienced sim player who wants to get better and broaden their game.

Right now we have some of the third most experienced level, but almost nothing for rookies and for the intermediate guys who are experienced video gamers in 2k but who just rely on a few tricks, not basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »