Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Now that MLB 15 The Show is available for everyone, we would like to hear some early impressions from the OS community. Early impressions from the lucky OSers that found a copy early, can be seen here.

Please, only post impressions.

If you have questions, please use this thread.

If you want to see the beauty the game has, check out our member submitted Photography/Videography thread.

If you have bugs to report, please use this thread.

With that said, let's hear those impressions!
Platform: PS4

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15: The Show Official OS Impressions Thread

The very first thing that impressed me was the cover.
Not the Puig cover, but the tin box simulated grain wood cover.
Best cover ever. I wish sports series would get rid of the cover athlete & do this type thing more often.

More to come when I have about ten games under my belt.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a couple games last night, random thoughts:

- Played on veteran for both hitting and pitching. Hitting seemed far tougher than I remembered, although I enjoyed my first experience with the directional hitting quite a bit. I've only played 14 maybe once in the last 2 months, so I definitely attribute some of this to rust, but it did seem a bit harder to hit in general, especially in terms of timing. I'm sure with more games Ill get used to it.

- Pitching was phenomenal, as always. I really enjoyed the distribution of results from the AI - flyouts, groundballs, strikeouts, etc all felt very, very realistic. Quick counts work much better too (No more 5 3-2 counts for every 6 batters!)

- The animations. Apart from the outfielders still looking pretty awkward if they arrive JUST in time to catch a fly ball, they're great. Outfielders new routes are immediately noticeable too. First base in particular looks alot better, as does the look of the ball off the bat. In 14 it occasionally looked weird to see the ball's trajectory compared to how the hitter swung and what not, but in this game (so far anyway), a rip in the gap LOOKS like a ripper coming off the bat. Its hard to explain, but I think you'll notice it the more you play.

- Graphically great as always. The crowds look 100% better than they do in 14, and the colors of the uniforms and what not seem far crisper than that sort of whitewashed look they had in 14.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 4

Love this series, and I've owned every installment. First time I have ever pre-ordered digitally. The install is (yes, it's still going hours later) taking forever, anyone else having same issue? In short, I can only play giants-royals game, but it looks smooth. I also can't wait to try the revamped DD.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Love the Show. Best sports game out there. They capture the nuances so beautifully.

As others have said, the colors pop, and visuals ate awesome. Taken to another level this year! Gameplay seems a bit tighter and the additional animations are making it even more life like.

Highlights really gone? I can't find them. OMG. Why? Was a GREAT feature and really added to the presentation as well as just a cool thing to watch at the end of a game. Surely this was done in error??!!?

The radio show will grow stale after a few weeks, but the highlights bring something different every game. Please reconsider in a patch!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 12:06 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Played my first game and I love the directional hitting and the fielding this year. Absolutely amazing and challenging.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm only going to comment on the Radio Show right now....yes...I'm a bit biased as I at one time recommended this.....but it's more for filling you in on scores and highlights around the league.
If you listen to a regular sports radio show.....they usually have a guy(not the sports talk show host) break in at the top of the hour and just reads the scores from the previous day. It's the same all day unless there is some sort of big breaking news that day. That's what this is.
Honestly.....how many of you actually look at the other scores in the league once you play your game? This is a way to bring you those and some other happenings while you are doing something else(roster moves....etc)
It's meant for the background...not to sit there and just concentrate on that solely IMO.

Of course that being said.....I really hope they flesh it out immensely as yes......you hear the same tags for the different games and in that sense could get a bit repetitive. But that's an inherent problem with recorded audio as opposed to the spontaneous nature of being live.

M.K
Knight165
Old 03-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll have to spend some more time with the game to offer any substantive impressions, but I will say it was quite a treat to have my Dynamic Difficulty levels transfer from 14!

AS+ --- for hitting!

I wasn't expecting that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »