Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15: The Show Official OS Impressions Thread

Some quick franchise notes from limited testing:

Trade logic, I know it's subjective, but I really like it. You still may see a superstar traded, but not for a RP or 3 for 1. Trades seem to make sense. On that note there is now trades by the Cpu in the offseason again. They are building there teams in the offseason again.

Another cool nugget.....you can now trade for an injured player.

Budgets are much tighter and I like it. Some teams go over budget, some have a lot of room and they balance out over the course of the franchise. Salaries are a little on the low end for closers, I think the top I have seen a closer get is 9 million a year. Starting pitchers suck up the money. You and the Cpu can no longer sign renewable players long term cheap.

I am in 2023 and trout is still a 99 overall. I know some people are still going to complain about regression and retirements, but I feel it is fine. Players regress at different speeds and 34-35 is the age where most players will retire if they don't have a contract, some hang on, others go even when performing. Trust me if they didn't there would be no room for all the players coming.

Progression of minor leaguers and drafted players looks more realistic. I am seeing a faster curve up.

Some of my dislikes possible bugs:
1. You can fire managers, scouts and coaches and are awarded the budget back. There is no penalty.

2. There is almost no waiver trades. The CPU is not putting many players on trade waivers. It has always worked in the past, but for whatever reason only a handful of players are being placed on waivers. I have seen 0 September trades and in the 10 seasons I've simmed and the franchise I am 2023 I have seen no more than 1 August trade, which was for irrelevant players.

3. Batting average is low. And era is low. In the future I am seeing 30 plus players with eras under 3. Team eras are also low. I think that needs to be tweaked some.

I am going to play with contracts and editing them to see what results I get with budgets, but I believe if you edit every player to accurate salaries you will see huge surpluses in the future. I don't see them compensating for salaries. In fact I see some players signing below market like McCutchen will sign for 14 million a year when other players like him are getting and being offered 22-30 million a year.

More later with pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #10
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for testing that all out. I'm mostly concerned with how prospects develop - if they develop quicker/slower/more realistically, that will be huge for Franchise mode imo.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

as stated in a thread i started that i can't delete now

I'm disappointed in the announcers in the game, they are exactly the same as last year and the year before in RTTS (i haven't played any other modes) - only reason i'm pointing this out is because i know i read that the announcers were updated and more fluid or something to that effect.

other than that the game is perfect as usual, graphics are better, i'm loving my neon colored gloves, great job again guys, superb job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 27

Quick initial impressions: (Digital Version)

+ Game is smooth. Plays a lot better and more realistic than last year.

+ Graphics took a jump. Not the huge jump I was expecting, but maybe my TV is outdated.

+ Lighting is OUTSTANDING.

+Hitting and fielding feel more real. Feels tougher too, which is a good thing.

+ Menus are quick and responsive.

+ Load times are better, although this didn't really bother me that much last year.

--------------------------

- Not really digging the little extra delay after the ball gets hit. I guess I'll get used to it. No big deal.

- Home run cam is still there. Please, please, please, get rid of this. Or give us the option to turn it off.

- Drop strike 2 results in a strikeout, but I think they're aware of this already.

Overall-

Really solid game. Fantastic as it is now, but has the potential to become legendary with a couple of patches.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #13
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I was only able to play 4 innings last night, but I wanted to give a call out the design team.

The UX, in my opinion, is the best it's ever been. Fonts, color schemes, layouts, etc. are all well implemented and I find them intuitive. I'm really enjoying the new ways to call information in-game - sure, some of the methods and buttons have changed, but I think they've changed for the better.

The game itself is - as always - great.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

There has been a few hiccups experienced with the new game that I wish didn’t exist. But overall I am impressed with MLB 15 on the PS4. The improved graphics, the animations, the player and new ball physics are outstanding and it has allowed the game to take a step closer to reality (I swear in 10-20 years from now these games will look and play like the real thing). I saw something last night which was pretty cool. There was a foul tip and the ball smacked the umpire in the head and I swear I saw the umpire’s mask vibrate for a split second. Plus the players look pretty buff in this year’s game compared to past releases. So far I have only seen the Minor League stadiums. But I have to say I am impressed with all of them, even the Minor League stadiums that were in MLB 14 look that much better in MLB 15. I can’t wait to see the Big League stadiums. But that is for next week. I still have 5 Spring Training games that need to be played this week.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Pt81094's Arena

OVR: 0

So far so good for me im enjoying it but still learning due to this being my first time playing The Show. The graphics looks amazing and that's never a bad thing and see how the dirt dries up is really cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #16

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I love this game, but man, why can't they get Justin Turner right? They have him as a clean shaven black haired guy when he really has long red hair and a red beard. I wish we could edit some of these players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »