Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #17
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 15: The Show Official OS Impressions Thread

Love the hitting this year and the stadiums look amazing but I kind of feel at somepoint player models need start to looking more varied
Old 03-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15: The Show Official OS Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I love this game, but man, why can't they get Justin Turner right? They have him as a clean shaven black haired guy when he really has long red hair and a red beard. I wish we could edit some of these players.
IMO, the next big thing they could do is focus on the players. Uniforms/cloth physics/face scans/body types/pitching and batting motions/batter follow throughs. The better they get these looking the better the immersion becomes.

As for MLB 15. This game plays amazing! Absolutely loving it. The licensed equipment goes a long way. And the lighting is simply stunning. Gameplay is great as always
Old 03-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #19
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Few impressions....

- Game is stunning, looks very nice!

- Real equipment adds sooooo much to this game.

- Dallas Keuchel's beard is insane!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #20
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Online is silky smooth for the most part..but played a league game and with 2 outs in 9th my opponent got blue screened. It just said lost connection with him on my side. Very irritating. I don't know what the problem is exactly but it seems to happen more late in games.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM   #21
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

The cleat colors are still locked for the Blue Jays, so i assume the same for the other teams.

You can't even replicate the probably the most worn cleats by the jays so far this spring training, even though the actual cleats are in the game

Spoiler

Also, i feel like most of the new pitching deliveries were done lazily, basically all of them have the same finish, they look almost robotic. Also doesn't look like a lot of attention was given to some of the signature things some pitchers do when in the stretch.

The last couple years, the pitching deliveries were really starting to look good, fluid, realistic motions, but this year they took a step back IMO.

Still really good that they got rid of a lot of the old pitching deliveries though and re-did them, as those were really bad.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #22
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

This game is incredible. That's all there is to it.

And I won a challenge in my first game!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #23
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

* First and foremost, when playing the game, it feels more like real MLB baseball than ever before. The pacing, the animations on defense, the CPU pitchers' pitch selections, etc.

* The 2nd fly ball hit while I was on defense, playing as the Cubs, Chris Coghlan in LF. I slowed up too early on a ball hit towards the gap, no vacuum animation kicked in, so I had to lunge to try and get to the ball in time, Coghlan and his poor defense didn't react in time, and he came up short and the ball rolled to the wall and the runner made it to 3rd on what should have been a simple fly-out. I was charged an error. And I loved it.

* based on my last note, the need for outfielders with better reaction and fielding ratings is actually important, it actually makes a difference. Subbing out for better defenders late in a game when you have a lead will actually be a necessary strategy.

* I've only had time to play 2 exhibition games to this point, but I love the new pitch breaks so far.

* I have not seen the hit variety others have reported so far. Probably because I'm trying out directional hitting and not doing so well yet. I'm normally a Zone hitting guy.

Overall, can't wait to have more time to really dig in.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #24
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I am doing CPU vs CPU to test the stat averages and see how they compare to real MLB averages on default sliders. Right off the bat my first game doing this I saw some really odd manager AI logic.

Cards at Reds tied 3-3 bottom 9th. Votto gets int walked to load the bases. Next guy grounds out or strikes out. As the inning changes it shows that skip schumaker has replaced Votto. I go to the box score and see he was put in as a pinch runner. This would never and should never happen. Hell even if Votto was the lead runner and it was the bottom of the 9th this would probably not happen. There should be a rule to exclude players with say 90+ rating of being pinch run for in a situation like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »