Home

Getting Rid of the Annoying "Gameplay Recording Paused" Message in MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on Getting Rid of the Annoying "Gameplay Recording Paused" Message in MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Getting rid of the annoying "Game recording paused" message

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
well that's what I am asking, why is the ps4 recording things If I didn't assign it to, not to derail the thread but I don't like it records everything.
It gets sent to the NSA and the federal government rounds people up who swing at balls in the dirt.

Sharing is a big selling point of both PS4 and Xbox One, though they do it slightly differently, they are both always recording and you can save your clips at any time. The processing of video is done by an extra chip in the hardware, so it's not something that's impacting game performance, I believe.

It's not just video that's being recorded. Everything you do in modern games is recorded. San Diego Studio doesn't hide this, and records statistics about how we use their game.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
It gets sent to the NSA and the federal government rounds people up who swing at balls in the dirt.

Sharing is a big selling point of both PS4 and Xbox One, though they do it slightly differently, they are both always recording and you can save your clips at any time. The processing of video is done by an extra chip in the hardware, so it's not something that's impacting game performance, I believe.

It's not just video that's being recorded. Everything you do in modern games is recorded. San Diego Studio doesn't hide this, and records statistics about how we use their game.
I figured that but I am not sure how I feel about that.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:38 PM   #11
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank you so much for this. It was getting quite annoying. It's much appreciated sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM   #12
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Man I just hit a walk off Grand Slam! I wish I had a recording of that so I could share it.

You probably do.

That is why it is always recording. It is like the 30 minute buffer of live TV that your DVR records (although I don't know how much of a buffer on the pS4).
Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM   #13
Rookie

NXCaptain's Arena

I believe the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of your game play. Just in case something crazy happens that you want to go back and save.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #14
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXCaptain
I believe the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of your game play. Just in case something crazy happens that you want to go back and save.
Exactly.

It's keeping the last fifteen minutes "on hold" for you, in case something cool happens - then you would hit the share button to actually save it. The PS4 doesn't just save videos by itself on its own.

You can also adjust this "on hold" time. I do five minutes, myself. Makes it easier to trim down later.

Last edited by SmashMan; 03-31-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Exactly.

It's keeping the last fifteen minutes "on hold" for you, in case something cool happens - then you would hit the share button to actually save it. The PS4 doesn't just save videos by itself on its own.
Wait - are you sure it works like that? When I double tap the share button it starts a recording, which can last for up to 15 minutes depending on what setting I use. Are you saying that if I just go into the share menu normally it'll have saved the last 15 minutes, even though I hadn't specifically told it to record?

If so, I never knew this. I've always had to try to anticipate things coming up that I wanted to record, and then be quick on the double-tap share button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wait - are you sure it works like that? When I double tap the share button it starts a recording, which can last for up to 15 minutes depending on what setting I use. Are you saying that if I just go into the share menu normally it'll have saved the last 15 minutes, even though I hadn't specifically told it to record?

If so, I never knew this. I've always had to try to anticipate things coming up that I wanted to record, and then be quick on the double-tap share button.
Yep - works both ways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »