Home

The Golf Club March Update Arrived Late Last Week, Here are the Details

This is a discussion on The Golf Club March Update Arrived Late Last Week, Here are the Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Golf Club March Update Arrived Late Last Week, Here are the Details

The Golf Club March update arrived late last week, but the patch notes were not available until today. Check them out below.

For those of you that missed it, Season mode will come with the Collector's Edition, which is scheduled to ship on April 28th. For everyone else, Season Mode is scheduled to arrive sometime in May, most likely at a $10 price tag.
  • Harvest Theme
  • New Objects: Ornate / Hewn Stones / Rockery
  • Wooden Steps (A few variations)
  • New Fairway Brush shapes
  • Some smooth, curved bursh
  • New Bunker Brush shapes
  • Clear Generated Tree tool
  • New Tee Shape Brushes
  • Handicaps change between rounds in tournaments
  • Huge Speed ups on multiplayer
  • Optimisations with water, animals, and more giving upto 40% improvements on some courses
  • Improved joining in multiplayer games
  • Fixed issue with slow loading times of big courses, making game seem like it’s hung
  • Course loading optimisation
  • Improved Slope Rating formulas
  • Small fixes to UI regarding button call outs
  • Improved display of notifications in ticker bar
  • Delete message bug fix
  • Bug with Object Limit Reached, when trying to publish
  • Fixed issues with older courses becoming corrupt
Source - The Golf Club
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 03:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This has got to be one of the most underwhelming games I have ever played.. it's like they made the core of the game and said screw it were done .. all,the easy little features they could have added to make it better and they just didnt. If you have friends or,family playing together on one console only the main user can sAve and see stats. The aiming is ridiculous and lazy. The shot system, lack of unlockables, no career more, etc.. the list could go on and on.. I am here checking out mlb 15 and I saw this game so I just had to get it off my chest. Whoever created this game .....ughh I'm done basically ripped me off 34 bucks but I would never buy from them again.. it's seriously,gonna get deleted because it's just a waste of HD space.. 1 out of 10 severe lack of trying and then calling it a SIMULATION to make up for it... hot shots ps now it is until PGA ...
Old 04-01-2015, 03:45 AM   #3
Rookie

And omg did I just read your trying to charge people that bought your game an extra 10 ??that ain't dlc that's excluding a key feature because of time, adding it half year plus later and trying to charge for it!!!!I'm absolutely stunned. ..you guys may have officially made the worst sports game of all time no joke lol. I'm a golfer and avid gamer just calling it like I see it..and that announcer my gosh ..even my mom wanted him to shut up when we played lol
Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Re: The Golf Club March Update Arrived Late Last Week, Here are the Details

Thanks for your feedback mate, lots of people would disagree with you though. Operation Sports readers for one, who voted very positively for us in the end of year reviews.
To say we said "We're Done" when we've continued to support the game for free since August with 4 feature updates, I think is a little harsh.
We do have a set time and financial budget though, so I have to decide what I think people are going to feel is more important to their experience.
The Greg Norman Course Creator I felt was way more important than a career mode, season mode and hot seat multi-player.
I think I've been proved correct, as we've had some great reviews and good sales which have enabled us to continue to support the game for another year.
We regards to how easy something is, everything is doable but it's a priority. Would everyone have preferred us to come out a 5 months later just to be able to store stats for other users who play hot seat multi-player. Increasing the break-even number at the same time and decreasing the amount of post game support.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

This HAS GOT to be an April Fools joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebounce88
This has got to be one of the most underwhelming games I have ever played.. it's like they made the core of the game and said screw it were done .. all,the easy little features they could have added to make it better and they just didnt. If you have friends or,family playing together on one console only the main user can sAve and see stats. The aiming is ridiculous and lazy. The shot system, lack of unlockables, no career more, etc.. the list could go on and on.. I am here checking out mlb 15 and I saw this game so I just had to get it off my chest. Whoever created this game .....ughh I'm done basically ripped me off 34 bucks but I would never buy from them again.. it's seriously,gonna get deleted because it's just a waste of HD space.. 1 out of 10 severe lack of trying and then calling it a SIMULATION to make up for it... hot shots ps now it is until PGA ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
This HAS GOT to be an April Fools joke.
I think its an EA employee

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebounce88
I would like to make a reply, however to save time, I would like my reply to be the exact opposite of the above post in every way

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Although I'm a hardcore basketball, football, and baseball person primarily, I'm having more fun with this game than any other sports game since College Hoops 2K8. Any frustration I have is 100% because of my own failings and not wonky gameplay mechanics. Great round, crappy round, it's all on me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »