Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshot of 15th Tee at TPC Sawgrass

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshot of 15th Tee at TPC Sawgrass within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:15 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Again with golf club simulation stuff come on that game is plain jane lazy..other then waiting for the new hot shots ill def be giving this a try. Got to be better then what's out there and hot shots on ps now is getting kind of old. course looks good
Old 04-03-2015, 05:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
"Because I was inverted"

"Bullshot!"
Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #19
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshot of 15th Tee at TPC Sawgrass

Looking good in motion is completely different than looking good in a still shot, which no doubt is enhanced to levels that I certainly wouldn't expect to see in the final product gameplay.

Honestly the game could look spectacular but unless the gameplay physics are realistic (i.e. no post shot spin control, being able to stick every 120 yard approach shot within 3 feet of the cup, unrealistic equipment boosts, a proper putting engine etc) I will stick with TGC, as it offers everything needed in a golf game and as an added bonus isn't made by EA. I have zero belief in EA being able to create a golf game that captures the "feel" of each type of shot, from slightly hooking a driver to getting up & down around the green to save par....all stuff that TGC does pretty darn fantastically.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1
The game looks nice but wow that title does not flow off the tongue well.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 33
I'm more interested in the the feature/mode list than endless Screenshots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If it is in-game where is the golfer?
Free roaming camera....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Yeah I don't believe that is a real screen shots because that even looks a lot better then NBA 2k and NBA 2k has easily the best graphics of any sports game yet this gen. If I didn't know that was a game photo I would say it was real life.
I'd have to disagree with your NBA 2K statement to some extent. I think it has the best animation of any sports title but character model wise they have some work to do. That's just my opinion though.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Looking good in motion is completely different than looking good in a still shot, which no doubt is enhanced to levels that I certainly wouldn't expect to see in the final product gameplay.
You may be right. No argument here. Actual gameplay videos should put the question to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Honestly the game could look spectacular but unless the gameplay physics are realistic (i.e. no post shot spin control, being able to stick every 120 yard approach shot within 3 feet of the cup, unrealistic equipment boosts, a proper putting engine etc) I will stick with TGC, as it offers everything needed in a golf game and as an added bonus isn't made by EA. I have zero belief in EA being able to create a golf game that captures the "feel" of each type of shot, from slightly hooking a driver to getting up & down around the green to save par....all stuff that TGC does pretty darn fantastically.
The "post shot spin control, being able to stick every 120 yard approach shot within 3 feet of the cup, unrealistic equipment boosts" are intention features designed to reach the casual / arcade audience. TW14 had a Simulation mode that accomplished everything you describe above that challenged the hardcore simulation users. Opinions vary on the diagonal swing mechanic. IMO, it was FAR more challenging to score in TW14 than it is in TGC for me personally. My understanding is RM will have both casual / arcade features separated from hardcore simulation features in an interview from Brent Nielsen a few months ago. It will be nice to see some more information on this game sooner than later.

I really like TGC. However, if EA improves RM's Simulation features to be more intuitive and challenging along with better visuals and framerate than TGC, then I feel it will be competitive with TGC in those areas. It won't be competitive when it comes to number of courses and cost. I am looking forward to having more options in the Golf videogame market. Competition will be a good thing that has been badly needed for YEARS.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »