Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

MLB 15 The Show has the look, sound, and feel of baseball. It doesn't do many things great, something that is hindered by the series' unwillingness to take big risks, but it does just about everything well. And in a world where games are shipping with just about nothing working as it's supposed to, it's a relief to say that MLB 15 The Show is about as rock-solid as it gets.

As it does every year, this year's iteration focuses on how to move forward without taking any steps back. Little things like improved grass patterns and adding swing animations don't stand out too much at first, but it brings the game's replayability to an all time high. The same goes with its game modes, where simple changes should go a long way in keeping players invested in their franchise, or Road to the Show.

At the end of the day, MLB The Show is always going to be about the little things. And for this year, at the very least, that seems perfectly reasonable.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

RTTS could use some changes after a season its like back in NBA 2k11 when you win the finals theirs nothing to play for it gets boring real quick with the same stuff over and over

otherwise great review that commentary needs to get some changes
Old 04-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I never understand the phrase "take big risks to move forward. "

There isn't a whole lot that I would want to change to enjoy the game.

There is a saying that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Changing some of the game engines radically could destroy what we love about the game.

I'm hoping that they continue to add refinements and build the game modes to the next levels.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

Changing some of the game engines radically could destroy what we love about the game.

I'm hoping that they continue to add refinements and build the game modes to the next levels.
I agree, it is like wanting change for the sake of change.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

I think that definitely holds true, most of the time. Big time video games like Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, League of Legends, ect. have such a rabid fanbase because the core experience is so good.

The thing about The Show, for me, is that I'd love to see it take the next step forward with animations. I'd even be willing to sacrifice a year for them to get it together. It's less about changing the experience, which I love, and more about changing the way that things unfold.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #6
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
The more i play the game the more i love it! Just wish they didnt mess with the hitting camera or they couldve given us the option to have it on or off (meaning the 1 second or so delay after making contact). if it aint broke dont try to fix it! Def the best Show in years though! Great job as always SCEA!
Old 04-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I still laugh when people talk about the commentary being boring and stale. I play countless hours of The Show, NBA 2k, Madden, and NHL every year and it's all the same. All of the commentary in these games gets old rather quickly. I think it's just extremely difficult to get enough lines in and make it dynamic enough to sound like real commentary.

To me, the only way commentary in these games can be bad is if the commentators they use sound really irritating. Gus Johnson annoyed me to no end when he was in Madden ("and he's down... AT THE 19!!").

As for other things mentioned... I love the way they make a lot of steady improvements every year. Each year is always a lot better than the last. I'm hoping the next thing they focus on (aside from game modes, which I think are always improving) is improving the player models. Uniforms/body types/faces/animations (which are getting better). They already added in new skin tones so they may start heading in this direction. MLB 15 will definitely be my go to game until the end of summer at the earliest... just a fantastic baseball sim
Old 04-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I still laugh when people talk about the commentary being boring and stale. I play countless hours of The Show, NBA 2k, Madden, and NHL every year and it's all the same. All of the commentary in these games gets old rather quickly. I think it's just extremely difficult to get enough lines in and make it dynamic enough to sound like real commentary.

To me, the only way commentary in these games can be bad is if the commentators they use sound really irritating. Gus Johnson annoyed me to no end when he was in Madden ("and he's down... AT THE 19!!").

As for other things mentioned... I love the way they make a lot of steady improvements every year. Each year is always a lot better than the last. I'm hoping the next thing they focus on (aside from game modes, which I think are always improving) is improving the player models. Uniforms/body types/faces/animations (which are getting better). They already added in new skin tones so they may start heading in this direction. MLB 15 will definitely be my go to game until the end of summer at the earliest... just a fantastic baseball sim
Well your right it gets boring but no sports game should have the same exact commentary every year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »