Home

NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd

This is a discussion on NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd

NASCAR '15 is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 22nd for $19.99. The PC version will be available on Steam the same day, but a price was not given. While the press release states it will be available exclusively at GameStop, GameInformer has noted that the game will also be available to download on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Store for those respective systems.

Check out the new NASCAR '15 screenshots here, along with a sizzle trailer and new video featuring a first look and enhancements to the game.

Read the full press release below.

NASCAR '15 will release on Xbox 360, PS3 for $19.99

Dusenberry Martin Racing announced today that its NASCAR® '15 racing game will launch exclusively at GameStop for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22, 2015. The NASCAR '15 PC game is available on Steam® as well.

NASCAR '15 has been updated with all new 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ paint schemes and features the career mode, teams and tracks, and enhanced online multiplayer and leagues. Tom Dusenberry, CEO of Dusenberry Martin Racing said, "While NASCAR ’15 is a legacy game we are excited to offer the updated NASCAR video game at a value price for the NASCAR fan." NASCAR '15 will be sold in stores exclusively at GameStop for $19.99 at launch.

"NASCAR continues to seek ways to engage fans across multiple platforms, and NASCAR '15 is the latest way fans can interact with our sport," said Blake Davidson, Vice President of Licensing and Consumer Products for NASCAR. "The release of NASCAR '15 is the first step in a long-term plan with Dusenberry Martin Racing to take an aggressive approach to create innovative gaming products that puts racing in the hands of NASCAR fans and gamers alike."

GameStop will continue to build on its successful NASCAR team relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing by becoming the exclusive in-store retailer of NASCAR '15. GameStop Merchant Jon Davis said, "GameStop is thrilled to be partnering with the Dusenberry Martin Racing team with its initial NASCAR game launch. GameStop's partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing is a big part of our marketing strategy and having this chance to connect directly with NASCAR '15 game fans make perfect sense for GameStop."

NASCAR '15 will be available in stores exclusively at GameStop starting on Friday, May 22, 2015.

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd

The price is right, but I need to hear less about seasonal updates and more about detailed bug fixes before committing.

Example: In NASCAR '14 I was racing against a friend and had to serve a pit penalty for an illegal pass. Three trips through the pit and none of them registered, so I ended up coming in 39th. Meanwhile, my friend was a lap behind, he decided to pull a 180° and head straight into the pack (he's like that). He came in 10th.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The price is right, but I need to hear less about seasonal updates and more about detailed bug fixes before committing.

Example: In NASCAR '14 I was racing against a friend and had to serve a pit penalty for an illegal pass. Three trips through the pit and none of them registered, so I ended up coming in 39th. Meanwhile, my friend was a lap behind, he decided to pull a 180° and head straight into the pack (he's like that). He came in 10th.
Some friend.

Game looks promising. I'd get it for PC, and if it's moddable, oh boy!

Last edited by Segagendude; 04-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
You and I both. The ETX games had some moments but boy, did they have some moments. I stayed clear of Nascar 14 for a few reasons and I'm glad that I did. I did enjoy Inside Line but I remember online having some odd issues and just weird glitches in season mode.

Turbojugend might have been the one that mentioned seeing this as an "expansion pack" to Nascar 14; that would be kind of odd on a console, though not impossible. While I like that idea from a consumer standpoint, I'm not going to hunt down an overpriced copy of last years game just to play this.

Release date is a wee bit late (near the All Star?) but in a way that works, see I'll look at the pro reviews and consumer impressions, etc for a few weeks and if it's decent, maybe it can be my fathers' day gift about a month later
Old 04-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm waiting for '16 when they do a complete overhaul of the game. Since Matt Dusenberry came from Papyrus I'm hoping he can resurrect the physics quality of Nascar Racing 2003 and meld it with the presentation of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I was afraid they'd do this. Release just a rehash of what was a garbage game for all intents and purposes with just a minor face lift and roster update. Major letdown for me. I was expecting a new and improved game, for the XB1/PS4 to be their first offering.

From a business point of view, I can understand this decision though. I just know that I won't be picking this up. Partially because of the mess N14 was, and partly because my xb360 has basically been retired from gaming now. It'll take some really strong positive reviews here to make me change my mind.

I like that theyre going to use the foundation Eutechnyx laid, but quite frankly that makes me very nervous at the same time.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
I thought ETX had already lost it... For $19.99 will be a buy for me, hoping offline issues aren't present as I never play it online...
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #8
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I still want to see realistic damage models and realistic collision detection until I bite. Love some Nascar but can't justify without seeing improvements in these aspects.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »