Home

F1 2015 Hands-On Previews, Cover Art Revealed, Screenshots and More

This is a discussion on F1 2015 Hands-On Previews, Cover Art Revealed, Screenshots and More within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2015 Hands-On Previews, Cover Art Revealed, Screenshots and More

Quite a few websites have posted their F1 2015 hands-on previews and for the most part, everyone seems to love it. As noted by Eurogamer, F1 2015 will run at 1080P on PS4 and 900P on Xbox One, both at 60FPS. The game is scheduled to release sometime in June for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the round-up of links below, as well as the F1 2015 cover art and new screenshots.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (RedBull)

Quote:
...As we dart left for the first corner, we see our teammate make a move for the inside – showing off the game’s improved AI. Covering off our line, we brake just about late enough to keep him behind, and after stepping on the gas, the Thrustmaster rumbles as we drift over a trackside kerb.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (Eurogamer)

Quote:
...Codemasters doesn't have the budget of EA, of course, and that's something evident in the more low-key offerings in F1 2015 itself, its key new feature being a broadcast mode that prefaces each race with commentary from Sky Sports F1's team of David Croft and Anthony Davidson as they set the scene over images of your chosen driver chatting to their race engineers. It's all a little static, starring likenesses that seem half-baked, though it's an appreciated attempt to embed you further into the action.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (TeamVVV)

Quote:
...Switching out to a behind-car view mid-race was the true test of this realism, though, and where I feel the game truly shines. You will get a sense of it in the driver’s seat, but when you get to play, just take a moment to get outside the car for a race or two.

You can see the tread on the tires as you slow into the corners, watch the spray fly up from your wheels, and marvel at the bodywork on these powerful vehicles.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (Trusted Reviews)

Quote:
...Onto the handling and this is the core area where many gamers have been anticipating changes: would the new F1 titles lean more towards arcade or simulation, everyone would ask? I’m pleased to announce they have targeted the latter, and with outstanding results. All round improvements to tyre and suspension modelling are evident: you feel the car leaning on the tyres while exiting corners, while the feeling of weight carried through the car gives ample opportunity for naturally correcting power or steering. In short, it’s all very intuitive.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (Pocket-Lint)

Quote:
...The cars now feel really planted, even in the rain, and much more eager to communicate information about grip levels. The force-feedback, even via an Xbox One gamepad, felt an order of magnitude more realistic than that of previous iterations of the game – somehow, for example, it was able to replicate the sensation of sticking a wheel onto a low kerb, rather than the random grating of yore.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (TSA)

Quote:
...Having said that, I still found it rather easy to bottle up the AI behind me, as those in front scampered off into the distance – something which was all to familiar from previous games. The AI is still be refined and tuned to deal with the new physics and car handling, not to mention how hard it is to pass around Singapore at the best of times, but I would hope to see improvements to the AI manifest themselves better in the final game.

F1 2015 Hands-On Preview (XBA)

Quote:
...Speaking of communication, you'll also get regular audio updates from the pit crew during races, talking you through lap times, fuel levels, tyre condition and other info, as well as offering helpful tips and tactics. It's a neat touch that's benefits greatly from more recorded lines of dialogue than in previous F1 games.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: F1 2015 Hands-On Previews, Cover Art Revealed, Screenshots and More

Sounds like this has come together nicely, can't wait to check it out!

60 FPS is going to be awesome.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I am one of those folks who still thinks that the original F1 Championship Edition plays better than any of the subsequent Codemasters F1 games. I'm anxious to see how this plays on next gen consoles.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks Steve, subscribed! Looking forward to this one!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

I was disappointed when CM took out the paddock interviews and such. Glad to see they're amping up the broadcast style presentation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Hey will the audio commands be on PC?

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
Hey will the audio commands be on PC?
Doubt it. There was another article which called it exclusive to PS.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Doubt it. There was another article which called it exclusive to PS.
Something said it'd be on PS4 and X1 but all they has said tells nothing about PC

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »