Home

HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club

This is a discussion on HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club

Tgc tours.com, that's all I have to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
You do realize that hasn't been the mode for career progression for several releases, right? You earn XP by playing the game and accomplishing things on the course. As your golfer gains experience you can apply that to different areas of your game.

I like that the not everyone hits the exact same distance, and that learning to play in a way that minimizes your weakness and exploits your strengths is actually fun, forcing you to approach holes in a different ways. By the same token, this applies to the pro golfers included, who also play differently.

Lining up with a generic golfer and whacking away with the same generic clubs and skills was great in the days of Links. But I want a lot more out of my game than user made courses that pale in comparison to the real courses offered in the TW series.

No one is saying TGC is a bad game. But it has become common in this forum to call out TW players as cheesing arcade loving kids that don't appreciate the strategic nature of the game. And that just isn't the way everyone plays the game. There were plenty of great guys to play with in online tournaments that used more sim settings.

And if someone does want to add the assists and boosts because they think it is more fun to just play than to spend time practicing, it's not bad that the game caters to them, too. What I liked most about the TW series is that there was a lot do. The mini games, career mode, using the pros in exhibition, online play and tournaments, including playing against real life scores on the same course that the pros were playing that weekend, and even customizing my golfer all make it a fun package. I do wish they would add the use of Pros in season play instead of just building up your own character.

I don't think there is wrong with someone asking if TGC offers something that they enjoyed in another game.
There is no reason to start this in this thread at all.

We all know how you feel about these games. Leave it alone in this thread please.

Woodjer, please ignore this response so we can just move on.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #19
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0
Well it's not the most important thing, but i hope more player customization. Couple more clothes and player faces and body types. It could be free update or cheap DLC.

When i am hitting on course, i don't really care about character on this game. And it isn't necessary a bad thing. This game focus is at golfing, not on player character, but maybe customization could add even little more intrest to your character and develop more some passion at course.

Sorry my bad english
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davee926

This!! finished their q-school last week! ready to start my first tournament next week!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davee926

I was already painfully waiting for an opportunity to buy this game. That just validates everything, what a cool idea. Must. Buy. Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
I was already painfully waiting for an opportunity to buy this game. That just validates everything, what a cool idea. Must. Buy. Now.
Check out realisitcgolftours.com, which is ran by one of our own, Mr. Matt10.

No aids tour.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

When is the disc game coming out
Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Can someone give me some info would it be better to buy the golf club by digital or buy the game disc or are the going to be the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »