Home

EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th

This is a discussion on EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer & Blog - Ships on July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Just what I figured. They dumbed down the game and looks like they're making it really easy. So much for tempo swings and no more ball marking with the left stick and total swing control. They took away that and the diagonal swing which was the best thing they had ever done for difficulty. When they reintroduce a 3 click swing, then you know they are making this game for the arcade crowd. Online is ruined as everybody will be shooting -20 on the hardest level with thier Hori controllers. From what it looked like in the menus, you can't even eliminate the MPH #'s for the wind.

The physics looked kind of weird. Everytime the ball hit the greens it was going pretty much straight. Actually looked more natural in TW14. The tree physics look much better though. The graphics were as expected, nicer but not nearly as good as you see in the first trailers. Didn't really blow me away.

Disappointing but expected. Since online will be useless, unless they wow me with a really good career mode then I'll be skipping this year's game and wait until whatever the next game is to get the diagonal swing back which I'm sure their holding back for future games.
They have not had a true "Tempo-based" swing in the game since TW08 and prior versions for PC. Instead of bashing this before playing it, I and others will have an open mind. The impact stick was poorly done on Simulation mode as it disappeared and it was a crapshoot. If this is a true "Tempo-based" swing, then the Hori group will have no motivation to get one other than swinging straight. You and others seem to also forget that EA gets alot of their feedback from various sources. Many folks complained of the removal of 3-click during the introduction of TCS in TW12. There are MANY users who can't physically manipulate the swing stick. The diagonal swing was liked by some in the hardcore simulation crowd and hated by others in that same crowd. I was 50/50 on it. Liked it at time, hated it others. If they get a truly tempo based analog swing like TrueSwing from the PC versions, that will be plenty of challenge for even the most hardcore.

At the end of the day, it is the first gameplay footage we have seen and I am sure they are not showing us everything as the previous 7 weeks would suggest. I am sure I am not going to change your glass half empty perception of EA or Tiburon, but can we wait and play the game before we proclaim that it is "disappointing"? I am cautiously optimistic that we are going to get a very nice first effort with this NG EA Sports game. And July 14th? No problem as that is only a couple of weeks beyond the end of June and honestly, if they need the extra time, LETS GIVE IT TO THEM (remember TW14 and the flaws that were never completely fixed?)......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th

I would like to see more information on pre-strike shot shaping. It's listed as a Tour option, so there is something to it.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #19
MVP

Re: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer and Gameplay Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
What's up with the grass textures, it looks like artificial turf in a lot of the video, the greens look especially odd.
Agreed. Hope it is a compression artifact issue with YouTube....

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #20
MVP

Re: EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
I would like to see more information on pre-strike shot shaping. It's listed as a Tour option, so there is something to it.
It will come.

After shot manipulation of the ball is strictly arcade.

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #21
MVP

Re: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer and Gameplay Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Woah good catch. And unfortunately that is a Tuesday. Don't understand why they keep pushing this back.
According to a Twitter post it was to get online Play modes more polish. If anyone here remembers the TW14 fiasco with the patches, more time IS A GOOD THING.

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
It will come.

After shot manipulation of the ball is strictly arcade.
Yeah, and be honest, it's also a fun way to play. It's not realistic, and I won't use it 99% of the time. But I will mess around with it.

But I don't see the familiar feet for the stance that you use for loft, fade, and draw. And the only striking position is that one shot from the tee box.

I imagine it will come. I also imagine it is the kind of stuff that turns a huge portion of their target audience. My brother loves to play golf games, but if you start showing him all of the options you can use to have shots, he's out. That's just not what he wants.

So it won't surprise me if it never makes it in a trailer.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Who knows maybe they wanted it out the same week as the U.S. Open but the game didn't go gold early enough to match that release date. I'd rather have a game be delayed a few weeks and be fully featured instead of being rushed out and be half feature aka NHL 15.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #24
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks great and I'm really excited for this. Wish I could still pop in TW14 every once in awhile so I'm looking forward to this big time. Rory looks good, the graphics look good, can't wait to see what type of career mode they add in and the customization they allow.

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 04-23-2015 at 10:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »