Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #9
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

Looks good. I guess I'll buy it digitally on Xbox instead of PS4 since EA access will have discount and early access to build up my golfer. It will probably wind up free eventually on Access too, so don't want to build up my golfer on ps4 then start over. Just hope the framerate is the same on both consoles, I can live with 900p XBox vs 1080p PS4 as long as the framerates are equal.

Sony really should get on board with EA Access.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Now I'll be the voice of reason and remind all that two years ago, EASports burned anyone that plays their Golf game by putting out a broken game. Then they patched it two months later and broke the game worse. Then they abandoned all of us, took our money, and left us with a shell of a game where you couldn't search for online matches, you couldn't play the season as your clubs kept resetting to defaults, and your putter would disappear. Fast forward to today, their reputation with putting out a shell of a game first time around on a new console is cemented by their joke of a hockey release, NHL15. A release that was surrounded by lies right up until 2 weeks to release. So now I ask you, are you really willing to give EA your $60 again day 1? There's already an amazing, challenging, beautiful, deep, golf game out and its called "The Golf Club" And that game only costs $35.00 since day one.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Just hope the framerate is the same on both consoles, I can live with 900p XBox vs 1080p PS4 as long as the framerates are equal.

Do we know for a fact that the XB1 version will only be 900p?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Probably a day 1 purchase... Looking forward to it.
We have options of a golf game and I'll support them all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Do we know for a fact that the XB1 version will only be 900p?
I don't think there has been any word on resolutions and such. And again, with EA Access, I will know if the game looks good.

And honestly, graphics and such is not on my radar for something to worry about.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Not gonna try and BS myself about what I like and don't like. HELL YES I'M BUYING!!!!

Will it have issues or will we find out that something is missing or left out after the purchase? I'm sure but that never was enough to make me not purchase any of the TW games in the past. Bring back the CC's and the OS players from Xbox 360 that we had and let the fun begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm with you, CBM24. I should mention, though, that there has been zero mention of CCs. It would not be unheard of that it doesn't make the cut.

I just hope there is something that helps group friends together like the old CCs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
Now I'll be the voice of reason and remind all that two years ago, EASports burned anyone that plays their Golf game by putting out a broken game. Then they patched it two months later and broke the game worse. Then they abandoned all of us, took our money, and left us with a shell of a game where you couldn't search for online matches, you couldn't play the season as your clubs kept resetting to defaults, and your putter would disappear. Fast forward to today, their reputation with putting out a shell of a game first time around on a new console is cemented by their joke of a hockey release, NHL15. A release that was surrounded by lies right up until 2 weeks to release. So now I ask you, are you really willing to give EA your $60 again day 1? There's already an amazing, challenging, beautiful, deep, golf game out and its called "The Golf Club" And that game only costs $35.00 since day one.
You won't find me forgetting TW14 whatsoever. However, I will give them a chance to redeem themselves with RM. At the end of the day, I will have both TGC and RM and would buy PP if they ever bring it to console. All three games have their strengths and weaknesses and we will know more about RM as soon as more details and some gameplay can be had by actual users.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »