Home

No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Live

This is a discussion on No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Live within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Li

Some posters were offended when I suggested this in the QA thread
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Re: No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Li

Not downplaying the effort they put into The Show but this was not that difficult. They already had the empty stadium (with just a few folks in the pavillion) in batting practice and pitching practice. Simply import that stdium setup for the live game. Impressive that they care enough to do so but the empty stadium already existed in practice modes.

That said, it is the greatest video game I ever played. The concern for little details is amazing and this is an example of how The Show team does not mail it in. Only sports game I have purchased in years where it feels like the developers really care about the gamers experience and take pride in their product.

The Show feels complete out of the box!

Things like this are examples of how hard they work and more that they simply care. I bet people on the developement team actually play their product. Few games if any feel that way. The Show is an exception to todays gaming but should be the rule! (not claiming it perfect, just glad to spend money on a product made by people that really care)

Last edited by SpritePuck; 04-30-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: wanted to make sure I showed appreciation
Old 04-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I actually wonder if whatever stats program TSL uses also tracks attendance. Because if that was the case then this didn't even need to be done manually. The Show already has dynamic attendance so if it pulled the number 0 from that game's box score, maybe it's just carrying that over to the game?

For the people playing in parks with less-than-sellouts - do you notice that TSL represents a real game's actual attendance or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I actually wonder if whatever stats program TSL uses also tracks attendance. Because if that was the case then this didn't even need to be done manually. The Show already has dynamic attendance so if it pulled the number 0 from that game's box score, maybe it's just carrying that over to the game?

For the people playing in parks with less-than-sellouts - do you notice that TSL represents a real game's actual attendance or not?
Not so sure that happens since the games are available to play prior to the real games taking place... Maybe they get updated after the fact?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
The Show 15 PS4 best sports game ever.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:54 AM   #14
Rookie

gjgoltz's Arena

Here's what my game looked like
Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 AM   #15
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

I think it's really cool that SCEA did this, and it's made me wonder if this could be an option for franchise mode games? I would love to play a non-attended game in every stadium, I think they look really cool with the empty seats, not to mention the sounds.

Any chance this could be looked at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 AM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

The Show Live in MLB 15 The Show allows users to compete in an exhibition-style game seeded with real-life data from MLB.com. Team match-ups, pitching rotations, and lineups are all in sync with the league's current landscape.

The Show team took it a step further including, or excluding in this case, the fans from the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles game.

If you play MLB 15 The Show Live today and play yesterday's White Sox vs. Orioles match-up, you will notice no fans at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The Orioles announced Tuesday that they would not permit fans into the park, after the violence on Monday, following the funeral for Freddie Gray.

Check out the screenshots here.

Thanks for the heads up @gamingtailgate!

I saw something about this on a different site and thought it was a glitch lol. So who is fredie gray what happened? They really played a game with no fans?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »