Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadatMe
I could also make the argument that MS was in discussions with the NFL prior to or at the same time as EA was when the license expired last. To further expand on that. The NFL was in the midst of getting their butts handed to them in the American Needle case, EA was losing it's monopoly suit all at the same time so chances that the NFL in my opinion would renew EA to an exclusive while giving Microsoft a NFL license a the same time is slim to none in my opinion. I have sources too. It's called reading..
What the american needle case in a nutshell? And whats your take on how this whole Joe Montana saga unfolds?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
Rookie

In a nutshell. The Sherman Act applies to them, the exclusive given to Reebok at that time was in violation of said act and should go to trial. The suit was settled this past Feb. The NFL argued that they represented all teams but the US Supreme Court ruled that because Teams competed in the market place against one another and that American Needle has those relationships then the NFL was not protected from the Sherman Act. So thus, by blocking out the competition (American Needle) they were in violation, the case was sent back to the lower court for trial.

If you look at Microsoft, the same applies. MS has had deals with individual teams for a long time. Just because its software and in the AN case hats, it doesn't matter.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadatMe
In a nutshell. The Sherman Act applies to them, the exclusive given to Reebok at that time was in violation of said act and should go to trial. The suit was settled this past Feb. The NFL argued that they represented all teams but the US Supreme Court ruled that because Teams competed in the market place against one another and that American Needle has those relationships then the NFL was not protected from the Sherman Act. So thus, by blocking out the competition (American Needle) they were in violation, the case was sent back to the lower court for trial.

If you look at Microsoft, the same applies. MS has had deals with individual teams for a long time. Just because its software and in the AN case hats, it doesn't matter.
Thank You! And your views on what will come of JMF? Will it have some form of NFL? Will it be released in July?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 AM   #12
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
so basically, these guys think this game isnt nfl, prob not coming out this year... interesting. Will be sure to re-look at that after E3
Old 05-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Great podcast keep them coming
Old 05-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #14
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
This was a straight up lynching of Joe Montana Football; why even bother talking about if you are just going to mock our only chance of some kind of alternative? Do the madden people pay this site or do these OS people actually believe madden is a godsend? OS people should be happy that a Montana Dev posted the "anonymous post," because it could eventually lead to a historic moment on this site; maybe the biggest thing that has ever come across this site? I never thought the post was true but recently its become 80% truth; just waiting on the NFL conformation and release date? The game has been in production for 3 years and ya its a smaller team compared to madden and thats whats going to be so shocking; when madden looks like a ps1 game compared to JMF and JMF with just a fraction of the people building the game! Soon enough OS people will be back tracking and kissing butt when the game explodes onto the scene! Getta puckerin!
On top of this Cicero Holmes does not speak for the majority on this site when it comes to an alternative football game licensed or not.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
Thank You! And your views on what will come of JMF? Will it have some form of NFL? Will it be released in July?
My thoughts are that JM16 will be a new Microsoft IP come E3. If you get your head outside of gaming and see the direction MS is headed with cloud and cross device social gaming having their own football IP in conjunction with their relationship with the NFL fits that direction much better then Madden does in my opinion.

MS has the infrastructure in place to give Football gamer's a fully interactive fantasy and franchise football experience unlike the game experiences we have now. There's plenty of market to support two gaming franchises and the consumer wins when competition is in the marketplace. Microsoft's direction is 1st party IPs and you can see that in their SEC Filings. 1st Party IPs are up 80% in revenue while all other parties down...

I just feel too many people are looking at this entire Montana/EA thing through gaming and they need to open their eyes to the bigger picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #16
Banned

So far everything in that OS post still can happen. I predict the game will be NFL licensed with NFL teams but have generic players with some legendary players; I think it will be released this year before Madden, Microsoft and the NFL have a deal probably more lucrative than the EA/NFL deal, I'm sure the NFL would let them release the game before Madden.
If you remember the OS post said they are not going to tell us anything until 3-4 weeks before the game comes out mid to end of July, that's lines up with E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »