Home

Project CARS Launch Trailer

This is a discussion on Project CARS Launch Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Project CARS Launch Trailer

Slightly Mad Studios have just released their Project CARS launch trailer. The game is scheduled to release for PC users on May 6th and for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users on May 12th.

Here's a list of some of the features in the game:
  • The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
  • A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
  • Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
  • Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
  • World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
  • Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
  • Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
  • Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
  • Regularly-scheduled community events
  • Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
  • Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
  • Continual updates and further content after launch
Platform: PC / Wii U / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
Banned

Lol. Support for 30+ wheels. Which ones are those? The ones made by the makers of Thrustmaster, and a slew of plastic crap made in China? Sorry, beautiful game but Project CARS could have addressed the supposed licensing issues with Logitech and the G series of wheels. I am not playing this game with a game pad, and I don't think the lineup of available cars is that impressive.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Project CARS Launch Trailer

Sounds outstanding to me. Midnight may 12th I know what I'll be doing.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
Lol. Support for 30+ wheels. Which ones are those? The ones made by the makers of Thrustmaster, and a slew of plastic crap made in China? Sorry, beautiful game but Project CARS could have addressed the supposed licensing issues with Logitech and the G series of wheels. I am not playing this game with a game pad, and I don't think the lineup of available cars is that impressive.
The Logitech non support is a Sony issue, nothing to do with SMS
Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
Banned

As I understand it, Logitech was unwilling to pay a fee to SONY to "pass the security check" because they had already done so on the PS3. SMS could have worked something out, perhaps passing the cost onto customers. This was suggested in numerous discussions on the web about the G27 wheel. SMS is banking on a majority of their sales being folks who have the Thrustmaster wheel or who aren't bothered by having to use a gamepad. This issue is going to cost them a lot money, more folks will just buy the game used to compensate not having support for their wheel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
Great Track List, NOT such a great Car List (although at least they are all available to drive in Race Now mode). Still worth buying based on what I've seen. Let's just hope plenty of Car Packs are in the pipeline & reasonably priced.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #7

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I reeeeealy hope this game is good. I'm not preordering it but if the reviews are positive I'll get it asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 05-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
As I understand it, Logitech was unwilling to pay a fee to SONY to "pass the security check" because they had already done so on the PS3. SMS could have worked something out, perhaps passing the cost onto customers. This was suggested in numerous discussions on the web about the G27 wheel. SMS is banking on a majority of their sales being folks who have the Thrustmaster wheel or who aren't bothered by having to use a gamepad. This issue is going to cost them a lot money, more folks will just buy the game used to compensate not having support for their wheel.
The issue with Sony and logitech has nothing to do with SMS. They support a ton of wheels on pc. Sony just does not have very many wheels supported. This is not just a PS4 title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »