Home

NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3)

For a game representing one of the more popular sports in North America, the release of NASCAR 15 has been relatively quiet. NASCAR used to command the same attention as other annual racing games and sports titles. This year, the Gamestop where I purchased my copy had only received two copies for each platform.

Worse, the game comes with a large share of the usual warning signs: last-gen only, later than usual release date, exclusive retailer, budget price, etc. The biggest issue, however with NASCAR 15, is that it's really just a rescind NASCAR 14.

Read More - NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Because developer Eutechnyx has indicated through what little press there is, that the 2015 version is the equivalent to a roster update.
Though the game is an updated version of the game Eutechnyx released last year, they are no longer involved with the game. '15 was updated and released by Dusenberry Martin Racing which basically split off from Eutechnyx and purchased the assets from them.

Quote:
If there's ever a game that cries out for a quick rewind it's NASCAR
And it has one. Press select on the PS3 to rewind about 10 seconds.

As for my thought, I got pretty much exactly what I expected based on what I had heard of the game. I was a bit disappointed that they apparently didn't fix any of the single player gameplay issues and other little bugs. In fact, there is actually a new minor bug with the pit stop animations that wasn't present last year where when it goes to the in car view when the crew drops the jack, only the tires appear first with the rest of the car appearing half a second later. The one thing that was fixed was the speech disappearing after roughly 10 minutes of gameplay, a bug that only appeared in 14 after the last patch. So at least in '15 I can hear my spotter/crew chief talking to me again.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
Really the only thing you can ask for is to wait for next year's title on the new gen consoles. They have said this as much. They only put out Eutechnyx's leftovers. So we'll see come next year. The only saving grace is that it's only $20. Don't expect any updates or patch for this game. I think now that they released this, they moved on to their own platform of work. So we'll see. Cautiously optomistic
Old 05-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Though the game is an updated version of the game Eutechnyx released last year, they are no longer involved with the game. '15 was updated and released by Dusenberry Martin Racing which basically split off from Eutechnyx and purchased the assets from them.

As for my thought, I got pretty much exactly what I expected based on what I had heard of the game. I was a bit disappointed that they apparently didn't fix any of the single player gameplay issues and other little bugs. In fact, there is actually a new minor bug with the pit stop animations that wasn't present last year where when it goes to the in car view when the crew drops the jack, only the tires appear first with the rest of the car appearing half a second later. The one thing that was fixed was the speech disappearing after roughly 10 minutes of gameplay, a bug that only appeared in 14 after the last patch. So at least in '15 I can hear my spotter/crew chief talking to me again.
Thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed the rewind feature; I'll try to get that error fixed.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0
Glad to see the game at least reviewed. I found one other "professional" review and it was pretty sarcastic.

Should be interesting to see the sales numbers on this game. It has the bargain price going for it but so many people are irritated it's last gen and a lot of people are waiting it out for the new game.

Myself? I could care less what gen the system is. I still have 360 and won't be selling it for a PS4 or XB1, I'm keeping it along side my inevitable new console purchase.
I'm very disappointed they didnt repair last year's bugs and I'm concerned that new bugs will appear and we know they won't be patching.

I'm waiting to see if this is available used in about a month or so and saving a few more $ via an e-retailer. I enjoyed Inside Line even with issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan

My understanding is that Eutch still developed the game to a degree before giving it off to DMi -- DMi doesn't even really put their name on this game. It's sort of a weird situation but the correction has been made in the review.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
My understanding is that Eutch still developed the game to a degree before giving it off to DMi -- DMi doesn't even really put their name on this game. It's sort of a weird situation but the correction has been made in the review.
Even the press materials I did find has Eutechnyx name on it and lists DMi as a publisher, though the trailers say DMi presents.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NASCAR '15 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
Even the press materials I did find has Eutechnyx name on it and lists DMi as a publisher, though the trailers say DMi presents.
Yeah, you're good Caley! It's something we should have caught during editing BUT it's also a really one-off case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »