Home

Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

I prefer to withhold judgment on Career Mode and the game as a whole until I can actually get a copy and start playing it and finding what depth there is to it, how it plays, etc. EA is notorious for not telling us everything and they certainly haven't dumped the info truck on this game yet either.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I prefer to withhold judgment on Career Mode and the game as a whole until I can actually get a copy and start playing it and finding what depth there is to it, how it plays, etc. EA is notorious for not telling us everything and they certainly haven't dumped the info truck on this game yet either.....
I certainly hope so but didn't they release their information schedule and I think this is it for career mode until release. If they have something substansial planned, I would have thought they would have released it yesterday unless the marketing team is totally incompetent.

You may think I'm overly critical but trust me I want this series to succeed because I don't want this series to end.. The key to every sports game is an indepth career\franchise mode. Thats what most people play and what gives it replay value. The devs continually ignore that and lagging sales are a result. After the buggy disaster of TW14, you gotta come out swinging with the next game especially with a 2 year development time.

I don't want this title to die but when you decide to make it this shallow (especially when other sports titles get meatier year after year) combined with not having Augusta, then sales are gonna tank and then there is no next version. Then we're all unhappy. Same thing happened with the Fight Night series and this game is following the same path.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #19
MVP

Pretty obvious to me their strategy is to dribble information until E3. If I'm wrong, I'll be here to say "I was wrong".....

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Pretty obvious to me their strategy is to dribble information until E3. If I'm wrong, I'll be here to say "I was wrong".....
There is nothing that would make me happier than to say " you're right" because than we all win. I guess time will tell.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm not a marketing guy but I'm not sure how the slow trickle of info will drive sales? I'd think a quality product would?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Golf is comepletly different than madden. Golf is more individual. I mean how fun would it be playing a season as a pro golfer without progression? Would winning every tournament be rewarding?
Well, for one, I wouldn't win every tournament. I would like to use a real golfer for a season mode, and screw the progression. I like progression as part of career mode when you create a golfer, but to be honest, when I play Madden and other sport games, I rarely play more than one season. I don't need progression in a season mode.

And really, I'd like to play a season of PGA, with a pro caliber golfer, on day one. I really don't want to wait to grow a golfer just to do one of the basic things I do with every other sports title.

This is not a deal breaker, but it is a feature I wish they would put in every single year. It seems like it would be easy to implement. But I like the series, regardless.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I'm not a marketing guy but I'm not sure how the slow trickle of info will drive sales? I'd think a quality product would?
The slow trickle keeps forum threads getting bumped up and people talking about the game. As it gets closer, more and more people join the conversation and it hopefully, for the publisher, builds a groundswell of support that results in a large number of day one purchases.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #24
MVP

Found out in the EA Golf forums that there are at least 5 new courses never having been in any EA Golf version....

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »