Home

Ask NHL: More NHL 16 Questions Answered, In-Game Sims Are Back, EASHL Questions

This is a discussion on Ask NHL: More NHL 16 Questions Answered, In-Game Sims Are Back, EASHL Questions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #9
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ask NHL: More NHL 16 Questions Answered, In-Game Sims Are Back, EASHL Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisao
can we get authentic goalie masks and authentic arena music? everyone is talking about editing players, how about something else to add?
Not likely. That all costs $$$ for the rights.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Ask NHL: More NHL 16 Questions Answered, In-Game Sims Are Back, EASHL Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisao
can we get authentic goalie masks and authentic arena music? everyone is talking about editing players, how about something else to add?
Masks will never happen as they have to pay for each helmet as they are the rights of those who painted them. Too much $$ to secure them.

Would be cool if they had a helmet design or editor for the program.

As for edit players....has anyone thought EA is being cautious since their NCAA edit players has caused them to be sued? Or perhaps the NHLPA is not allowing it?

I'm looking forward to NHL 16 as always.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is all such dry content and even bleaker questions that are answered. I hate to be pessimistic but I just can' see this game being any different from the absolute disaster that 15 is aside from some new equipment and player edit options that are basically rendered useless given that edit player is all but confirmed to not be in 16. 15 was frustrating given the clear lack of effort or passion put into developing the game for 2 YEARS but 16 is turning out to prove either that the developers refuse to put in the time to create a well rounded game or that EA refuses to give the developers the necessary tools or manpower to create something with as many holes in it as swiss cheese that doesn't need to be filled in with "Free Content Updates" every winter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 12:33 AM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Masks will never happen as they have to pay for each helmet as they are the rights of those who painted them. Too much $$ to secure them.

Would be cool if they had a helmet design or editor for the program.

As for edit players....has anyone thought EA is being cautious since their NCAA edit players has caused them to be sued? Or perhaps the NHLPA is not allowing it?

I'm looking forward to NHL 16 as always.
Then there should be no create a player. We haven't beeb able to edit any actual physical likeness attributes in NHL for years now. I just want equipment and rating editing.

After rebuilding the code base with the objective of eliminating difficult to alter legacy code, if player editing is an overly complex feature to build in, I would say their rebuild is a failure.

If, however, the absence of edit player is a design decision/priority issue, well that is a whole other issue altogether.

Now, if absent player editing in some way relates to an irrational internal policy hypothetically insulating from outcomes of the NCAA likeness thing, I could accept that as an explanation if someone would actually come out and give it.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:41 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I have been in the Madden forums recently...and they want custom draft classes for CFM. And Aholbert posted something about how EA probably hasn't put this feature in because they are too nervous that someone for using their likeness. And to me it makes perfect sense. Better safe than sorry. They already lost 100s of millions to O'Bannon and that case. And having to Ed and the legal team that concocted whatever defense they used in court.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #14
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Will there be warmups?

No. There won't be warm-ups in NHL 16. We have spent all of our time as a gameplay team this year focusing on the core balance of the game during play with a specific emphasis on core mechanics.

[/i]
OK! Let's see...because if I dont see any difference in skills/speed etc. in star players and line 4 plugs...i have the right to say "you are a liar!".
Old 06-02-2015, 01:16 AM   #15
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Exactly.

Either they don't understand the consumers at all, or they are just incapable of making a competent product.

Either way it is beyond pathetic by this point, because it passed just being sad years ago now.
Yes...they dont understand their consumers....YES they are incapable of making a competent product. And triple YES, they are pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #16
Rookie

whole lot of no

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »