Home

Spike Lee Writes, Directs Story for NBA 2K16 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Spike Lee Writes, Directs Story for NBA 2K16 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Icon10 Re: Spike Lee writes, directs story for 'NBA 2K16' video game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Frequency Vibrations stopped me dead in my tracks.
Yea, maybe that's the nickname? Pretty funny either way. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Frequency Vibrations...

is there a option to venture into adult films in this years MyPlayer?

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #10
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Spike Lee writes, directs story for 'NBA 2K16' video game

I hope that isn't just the new Jackson Ellis guy that insists we're rivals even though I dominate him every step of the way.

He's was a damn good FT shooter though.

Also, AD is on the cover? Hope this means they'll get him in to mocap his jumper in the game. I need that super high release, man!
Old 06-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #11
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I have so many mixed feelings about this that I'm reconsidering buying this upcoming year immediately.

It truly seems that the 2K team has listened to a few of my concerns with the past 3 years MC implementation ... taking in the most minor and ignoring the greater more important.

The corny and stupid characters (Jackson Ellis) and cut-scenes ("Cover Somebody!" after stealing the rock) is a criticism to be addressed but ignoring the railroading of my player into being a petulant drunken Allen Iverson ranting about practices and spending 40k on strippers might mean the end of my loyalty.

Mark my words, if I am forced into an Allen Iverson cosplay adventure, I will wash my hands of 2k for good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #12
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I have so many mixed feelings about this that I'm reconsidering buying this upcoming year immediately.

It truly seems that the 2K team has listened to a few of my concerns with the past 3 years MC implementation ... taking in the most minor and ignoring the greater more important.

The corny and stupid characters (Jackson Ellis) and cut-scenes ("Cover Somebody!" after stealing the rock) is a criticism to be addressed but ignoring the railroading of my player into being a petulant drunken Allen Iverson ranting about practices and spending 40k on strippers might mean the end of my loyalty.

Mark my words, if I am forced into an Allen Iverson cosplay adventure, I will wash my hands of 2k for good.
You do know you don't have to play the story mode if you don't want to, right? There are so many ways to play NBA 2K
Old 06-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Spike's names are always silly. Jesus Shuttlesworth. Flipper Purify.......but come on.

Frequency Vibrations!

LOL, WTF was 2k thinking when they approved that name.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
You do know you don't have to play the story mode if you don't want to, right? There are so many ways to play NBA 2K
I play all of the offline modes consistently ... but enjoy MC the most. I can recreate my character in either of the Team modes but the entire structure and focus is on the team/coaching/management so the results are not the same ...

If I wanted to do this, I'm wondering why I don't just fire up 2k9-2k15 ... any of these prior titles will accomplish the same thing. Sure, I'll miss the new logos, courts and players joining this upcoming year but modding and create-a-player will solve those issues...

Will the gameplay advances Mike Wang, Da_Czar and others hint at be enough to compel me to buy this year's title? I honestly can't tell you at this point.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer

Where did they mention strippers? They confirmed that its an E rated game so I doubt anyone will be drunk. I also doubt there will be strippers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #16
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Frequency Vibrations...what?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »