Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 16 CFM initial impressions by Shopmaster Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
All in game xp and goal feedback can be turned off.

When it is turned off is at the expense of stats. In other words if we turn it off do normal stat banners still pop up.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

What is really wrong with this goal thing is that football is a team sport, therefor it should never be about what the individual player does. Last year playing madden 15 i would run the Ball like crazy at the end of games i was leading big time, just to get my runningback over 100 yards( do or no development)

I get that EA has an agenda about getting the casual fan more involved in cfm, but then give us sim players an option to play with cpu controlled development.

No manager or coach can control how a player develops, other than tactic and mental aspekts. This would also make the draft a lot more important because finding those High potential players would actually matter.
Maybe picking that WR with 95 speed and acc. But rock hands, would not be a sure thing, because you can't spam catching points on him
Old 06-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

From My maddenpad:

“As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.”

So if a runningback fumbles in Real life will he regress?

I say no, i believe his coach will tell him to train Ball control, work out more etc.
Will it work? Maybe, the point is you don't know.

Playing madden i want to be the boss - not god

Last edited by Danish ram; 06-07-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

I think you guys need to play the game first before overreacting about stuff, I honestly never really noticed the ticker at the bottom and the drive goals are not really that intrusive either. The stats ticker works like last year, the goal and xp feedback is separate. Some things were done to improve the awkwardness of end of game scenarios in commentary, and they're still working on presentation and commentary.

You can just play the game and forget all the goals in game, it's not mandatory, it's just something to make the game more fun. I'm not crazy about the xp system myself but there has to be a progression system somehow otherwise everyone would stay the same as they are in year one.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-07-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #13
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think you guys need to play the game first before overreacting about stuff, I honestly played over a season and never noticed the ticker at the bottom. The stats ticker works like last year, the goal and xp feedback is separate. Some things were done to improve the awkwardness of end of game scenarios in commentary, and they're still working on presentation and commentary.

You can just play the game and forget all the goals in game, it's not mandatory, it's just something to make the game more fun. I'm not crazy about the xp system myself but there has to be a progression system somehow otherwise everyone would stay the same as they are in year one.
I understand your side of things, I do. I understand you've played the game and you've been talked to directly about all this stuff by the people who made it. And, it's great that you can turn off all the goals and xp presentation.

Now, allow me to explain why myself and others are truly upset about this. The fact is that time and resources were spent on all of this, which means many things that I personally would have liked to see in the game (things that were in over a decade ago) are once again skipped over for this vision of goals and xp, which I don't agree with.

Perhaps there's a lot of stuff Tiburon did do that I'd like to see that they haven't spoken about yet. However, that's on them for choosing what to communicate to the consumers who don't get flown down to Florida and get to check the game out. I'm sure you can understand, after all these years of disappointment with Franchise Mode, how some of us aren't buying the "wait and play it for yourselves" theory. Yes, that should always be the case with everything. But, when you release a yearly game and come up very short nearly every time, you've lost that understanding.

*Remo voice* At least that's the way I feel about it. *Shrugs*
Old 06-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I understand your side of things, I do. I understand you've played the game and you've been talked to directly about all this stuff by the people who made it. And, it's great that you can turn off all the goals and xp presentation.

Now, allow me to explain why myself and others are truly upset about this. The fact is that time and resources were spent on all of this, which means many things that I personally would have liked to see in the game (things that were in over a decade ago) are once again skipped over for this vision of goals and xp, which I don't agree with.

Perhaps there's a lot of stuff Tiburon did do that I'd like to see that they haven't spoken about yet. However, that's on them for choosing what to communicate to the consumers who don't get flown down to Florida and get to check the game out. I'm sure you can understand, after all these years of disappointment with Franchise Mode, how some of us aren't buying the "wait and play it for yourselves" theory. Yes, that should always be the case with everything. But, when you release a yearly game and come up very short nearly every time, you've lost that understanding.

*Remo voice* At least that's the way I feel about it. *Shrugs*
I get it, but I don't want a broken mode with new bells and whistles. I want a functional mode and I can wait til next year for bells and whistles, if it means the mode works properly.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I get it, but I don't want a broken mode with new bells and whistles. I want a functional mode and I can wait til next year for bells and whistles, if it means the mode works properly.
I guess that's where it's preference. I don't think the mode is compelling to play at all, so whether it's working or not makes no difference to me. I'm out either way. I think the foundation of CFM is rotten, but again, that's just my opinion.

Hopefully, for those who do dig goals and xp, it truly is working. We've heard many times before that things have been tuned or fixed, and the change made either isn't significant enough to completely fix the problem, or new problems emerge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

“As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.”

Missing a goal should in no way shape or form lower confidence. Fumble 2 times in a game or something.. sure I can live with that.
Most in the NFL would impart more determination if anything to reach their goal next time..

Not feeling very warm and fuzzy right now but I'll see what happens when some real play time is done and reported. Hopefully the confidence was tweaked so I don't have a team full of 10 conf players..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »