Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 CFM initial impressions by Shopmaster Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
“As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.”

Missing a goal should in no way shape or form lower confidence. Fumble 2 times in a game or something.. sure I can live with that.
Most in the NFL would impart more determination if anything to reach their goal next time..

Not feeling very warm and fuzzy right now but I'll see what happens when some real play time is done and reported. Hopefully the confidence was tweaked so I don't have a team full of 10 conf players..
winning games and losing confidence makes no sense. Winning is the first and most important goal in any team sport. I shouldnt lose confidence bc we won but my qb only threw 1 td. I also shouldn't lose confidence bc we won my corner dropped an interception. If they fix this I'll be happy with confidence
Old 06-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
winning games and losing confidence makes no sense. Winning is the first and most important goal in any team sport. I shouldnt lose confidence bc we won but my qb only threw 1 td. I also shouldn't lose confidence bc we won my corner dropped an interception. If they fix this I'll be happy with confidence
That, plus losing one game should not impact confidence. Losing three in a row that is a different story...
Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
Rookie

You can just play the game and forget all the goals in game, it's not mandatory, it's just something to make the game more fun. I'm not crazy about the xp system myself but there has to be a progression system somehow otherwise everyone would stay the same as they are in year one.

As i said, progression should be cpu controlled, based on player talent, age and ingame stats.
Look no further than fifa, and you get the general idea
Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe once you guys get to play the game you'll appreciate what was done more, maybe not, I personally found CFM much more smooth and less buggy in my play time. The scouting and draft stuff is probably my favorite area where the game mode was improved, so I hope to have a more positive discussion with everyone Tuesday when Shopmaster goes over that. I guess it's easy for me to be more satisfied because I know what's coming in the near future and I know people will like some of that stuff. One of the keys to all this is making the mode more accessible and fun, if people aren't enjoying the mode then why would a company invest more into it? I know people want a lot of immersive things but if the mode is fundamentally broken, people will get frustrated with it, especially newcomers and quit playing. There's a lot that needs to be done in CFM and Kolbe & John are going to go after a lot of it and bring their own vision for it as well. Kolbe has a proven track record, I think The Show career modes speak for themselves, when Kolbe was brought in to work on The Show, it had a Metacritic score of 68, I think when he left it was in the mid 90s. He knows what he's doing and he has a much bigger vision for CFM than most people here would probably ever expect.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-07-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be nice if confidence was tied to specific teams. I was in a CFM as the Bucs and the Falcons absolutely stampeded me every time we played. In like year 5, I finally upended him. It would be awesome for the players who had been a part of that losing streak to gain a huge jump in confidence as a result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #22
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Firstly, great news about being able to turn off in game goals. Not interested in playing Madden Final Fantasy Football 16 every time i complete a football play (+1).

Secondly, I can't blame the devs..."Everything in Connected Franchise is done thinking about our players first, and all these new features came directly from community feedback and play-test sessions." I don't understand, are there more casual fans being selected to these things? Is there a disconnect in the community about what it is we want? I ask because the response thus far has been more negative than positive. Yet this supposedly what we wanted. I'm new to the community so i apologize for my ignorance but I'm lost. For a game that i thought was built for realism, it seems to be heavily focused on showing you that its not. By +1 signs fading away. Telling you goals you "NEED" to complete in order to level up.

Hopefully i can still enjoy CFM with these settings turned off and they implement more information about my CFM universe, injuries, division standings, in-game scores during games and loading screens instead of...hey don't forget to level up here, and here and here too!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #23
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

If they didn't fix the confidence of a team staying at 0 at the start of a new season i will go nuts. That made me hulk out more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Maybe once you guys get to play the game you'll appreciate what was done more, maybe not, I personally found CFM much more smooth and less buggy in my play time. The scouting and draft stuff is probably my favorite area where the game mode was improved, so I hope to have a more positive discussion with everyone Tuesday when Shopmaster goes over that. I guess it's easy for me to be more satisfied because I know what's coming in the near future and I know people will like some of that stuff. One of the keys to all this is making the mode more accessible and fun, if people aren't enjoying the mode then why would a company invest more into it? I know people want a lot of immersive things but if the mode is fundamentally broken, people will get frustrated with it, especially newcomers and quit playing. There's a lot that needs to be done in CFM and Kolbe & John are going to go after a lot of it and bring their own vision for it as well. Kolbe has a proven track record, I think The Show career modes speak for themselves, when Kolbe was brought in to work on The Show, it had a Metacritic score of 68, I think when he left it was in the mid 90s. He knows what he's doing and he has a much bigger vision for CFM than most people here would probably ever expect.
Pardon my french, but the vision thing has become a mantra for madden game designers, a sort ace up there sleeve to be played when people utter frustration about missing features or poorly implemented ones- sack issue anyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »