Home

The Post-Up Game Is Getting Some Animation Love in NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on The Post-Up Game Is Getting Some Animation Love in NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Post-Up Game Is Getting Some Animation Love in NBA 2K16

It's fair to say people in these parts are hungry for any and every piece of NBA 2K16 info at this point. So Zach Timmerman, a producer on NBA 2K16, rolled into his office on Sunday morning. He noticed his version of the game had finished building and was like, "oh snap, guess that means I didn't break anything major by adding these new animations. Time to tweet!" (Okay, I don't actually know if he said any of this but go with me here.)

But okay, on a slightly more serious note obviously seeing this little snapshot of the development process is good times. When marketers hype up the fact that a new sports game has "hundreds of new animations!" it sort of gets lost on most of us because we can't really discern what that means and what they really impacted. But when it's specific like this, it at least gives folks something easier to grasp. In other words, it maybe does not sound as "wow-worthy" but it actually means something much more tangible.

So this sounds like good news to us as the post-up game is always in need of love as it's all about moves, double moves and variety overall to keep the cat and mouse game going.

How did you folks feel about the post game anyway in NBA 2K15?
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 32 New Backdown Animations Added to NBA 2K16

Thanks for the link, Steve. I guess this is part of the "smoother running 2k16" The post-up game can always be improved, so this is good news.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Post-Up Game Is Getting Some Animation Love in NBA 2K16

Can't really take advantage of smaller players in 2K15 deep in the post. I believe they did this to minimize points in the paint, but it's annoying being stopped by 6-footers while you have a big strong 7-footer deep in the post. Other than that I like post game in NBA 2K15 for the most part.

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

How easily people can steal the ball from post players is annoying
Old 06-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Great to see the post game receiving some love. I just hope the fluidness of the animations are improved. I love the 2k series, haven't missed a release in over a decade, but the series is in need of an improvement to animations and control. It has gotten better over the years but there are still too many instances where the game doesn't feel smooth and responsive and control seems to be taken away from the user. I'm hoping to hear that the development team has either a new or improved animation systems resulting in more accurate control and movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

OVR: 0

this is good news, big men needed some love. Hopefully we can dunk from the post.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
Can't really take advantage of smaller players in 2K15 deep in the post. I believe they did this to minimize points in the paint, but it's annoying being stopped by 6-footers while you have a big strong 7-footer deep in the post. Other than that I like post game in NBA 2K15 for the most part.

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate
The post game is inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like I am able to do what I want in the post and other times I am getting stripped by smaller defenders causing me to shy away from the bigs.

IMO they need to do a better job of showing off the different attributes of bigs. Some players a strong and can bully players around in the paint, some bigs are quick and able to blow by or around defends, and others gave a combination of both (thinking of Shaq here).

I dislike that if I do a drop step or post spin move it is the same move no matter who I use (at least from what I notice). Shaq ate people up in the post with his spin move. Performing this move with Shaq shold be quicker and more effective than attempting the move with someone like Hibbert.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hopefully it looks and feels a lot more refined and smooth. The post-game in 2K15 is pretty bad. Hook shot animations are ancient and look very little like reality. Post fade-aways have a success rate of about 95% in my experience (though the shots themselves look pretty good, I will say). The ball gets stripped most times when you attempt a post-hop no matter if it's contextually appropriate or not. And as has been said before, it's pretty difficult to take advantage of smaller mismatches for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »