Home

Madden 16: Connected Franchise Thoughts and Concerns

This is a discussion on Madden 16: Connected Franchise Thoughts and Concerns within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #9
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16: Connected Franchise Thoughts and Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
I understand where your coming from, but unless you take a little polygonal figure to the digital weight room there has to be some sort of progression system in place. Combining XP (simulating practice, training and film room) and in game accomplishments seems like a fair representation to progress your players no?
Guys don't get faster when they get to NFL, stronger yes but not faster or no 40 times would be less important then they are now.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #10
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Guys don't get faster when they get to NFL, stronger yes but not faster or no 40 times would be less important then they are now.
Though to be fair, it costs ao many xp to upgrade speed, you can really only increase speed by 1 point per season if you dump ALL of your points into it. I'm not a huge proponent of the xp system, but as long as I can let it run "under the hood" by using auto-progress, it keeps it out of sight and out of mind for me.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I appreciate that it looks like things have been streamlined and more efficient. Navigating the scouting/XP menus last year was kind of clunky sometimes.

I have posted other thoughts in other threads, but as far as being positive here, it seems great that they cleaned up the UI and made it just an easier/faster experience.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Besides how clean the ui is and how much better everything flows, the scouting and draft is my favorite element of CFM this year. Look forward to talking more about scouting and the draft once Shop's part 2 of CFM impressions drops.
JP let me ask you something regarding the UI. I remember on here a while back someone said this about Madden. "It's just new code layered on old code". What I'm wanting to know is with this streamlining, did that involve getting rid of old broken codes and putting in new codes that are by themselves(meaning its not layered over old code)?

It just seems to me streamlining was done in an effort to clean up coding(and that's why things were broke because new code always got added on top of old code and the old code wasn't removed) and make things work better, but easier to add things that were removed or new things(RFA/UFA, fifth year options on rookies, etc).
Old 06-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
I understand where your coming from, but unless you take a little polygonal figure to the digital weight room there has to be some sort of progression system in place. Combining XP (simulating practice, training and film room) and in game accomplishments seems like a fair representation to progress your players no?
I would like a system that puts progression in the hands of the cpu. Progression would work like in fifa, where it is based on playing time, in game grades and talent.
They should bring back the old system with a head coach and off /def coordinators with individual modifiers .
Old 06-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram
I would like a system that puts progression in the hands of the cpu. Progression would work like in fifa, where it is based on playing time, in game grades and talent.
They should bring back the old system with a head coach and off /def coordinators with individual modifiers .
Wow, never thought of adding grades to madden. I think that would make progression/regression a hell of a lot better
Old 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram

I would love a player progression system that incorporates Head Coach and Coordinators abilities as teachers..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Heyman Guy
JP let me ask you something regarding the UI. I remember on here a while back someone said this about Madden. "It's just new code layered on old code". What I'm wanting to know is with this streamlining, did that involve getting rid of old broken codes and putting in new codes that are by themselves(meaning its not layered over old code)?

It just seems to me streamlining was done in an effort to clean up coding(and that's why things were broke because new code always got added on top of old code and the old code wasn't removed) and make things work better, but easier to add things that were removed or new things(RFA/UFA, fifth year options on rookies, etc).
I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know the UI is MUCH smoother and faster now. There's really no slowdown at all. I know there was a lot done in streamlining the UI and fixing the things that didn't work before like confidence and regression and goals. Not only did they want them to work, they want them to make sense, that's a theme across CFM this year, does it work and does it make sense in a simulation standpoint Personally I'm more of a gameplay & presentation guy when I play, not all about stats and simulation and all that. Can't talk about that stuff yet, just the stuff mentioned in the article by Shop. You can probably ask some of the other GC's about things like sim stats, regression, confidence, goals etc...

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-08-2015 at 06:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »